U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM

299 posts, read 270,335 times
I must respectfully disagree about how amazing it was that she was elected. It's not like there were good candidates she was running against. The man she ran against both times who used to be mayor (can't remember his name) was known as a "good ole boy" which seemed to scare the newer residents. And my experiences with Lisa Thorton showed her to be at a junior high level. Not saying no one else was either, but I'm sure others didn't want someone like her running the town. What Waxhaw now needs IMO is someone new to step up who has integrity and can keep Waxhaw moving forward.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,306,409 times
The village must be so proud tonight. Nothing like having the mayor on dash cam video doing a little dance for the police.
Everyone can make a mistake but she seems to be treating the office like its her own little kingdom.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 PM

97 posts, read 70,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I'm sure everyone has done something their life they regret. Like anyone under pressure. It's tough to run a town and make everyone happy. I think she has been doing a great job for years and I will continue to support our mayor. Sometimes it helps to support someone instead of throwing them under a bus and giving up. Just my opinion.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 AM

271 posts, read 355,699 times
Not looking to pile on to the soap opera, but I will ask if anyone has information on the Waxhaw Area Research Park that was the original topic of this post?

I've e-mailed Mayor Gardner several times but never received any replies. Guess she was busy......

Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 AM

444 posts, read 252,363 times
I thought the whole point of Waxhaw was to stay small? Isn't that the attraction?

Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM

2,110 posts, read 4,063,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
I'm sure everyone has done something their life they regret. Like anyone under pressure. It's tough to run a town and make everyone happy. I think she has been doing a great job for years and I will continue to support our mayor. Sometimes it helps to support someone instead of throwing them under a bus and giving up. Just my opinion.
I hear what you're saying but as an elected official she needs to set an example and certainly use better judgment. One time, maybe I can forgive but this has happened multiple times. People supported her after the first time, but don't you think she is asking for trouble when it's happened more than once. Driving drunk puts peoples lives in danger, it's a bit different than Jaywalking or something else minor.

In her position she needs to command respect. From what I know and hear she has lost that because of her poor decision making. Maybe it is tough to run a town, but this is Waxhaw, not NYC.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,223 posts, read 4,453,002 times
Interesting that the mayor wasn't shuttled away quietly like a lot of other politicians in other cities. I guess in Waxhaw no one is above the law...

Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 AM

2,530 posts, read 3,799,755 times
All I can say is - that I hope when her duties as Mayor have ended, she doesn't take on a new job, like being a school bus driver!

Old 01-19-2014, 02:38 PM

23 posts, read 11,667 times
She liked it so much, she went out and got drunk and caught by the police.
Dashcam video shows Waxhaw mayor dancing during sobriety test | www.wsoctv.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte