U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:39 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,667,987 times

Advertisements

Is there any reason an perspective buyer would still not know by Tuesday afternoon that their offer had been accepted on Friday?? We know our RE agent told their agent that same night but now it is Tuesday and the buyer just emailed me asking if we accepted their offer???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM

14 posts, read 27,245 times
how did the buyer get your email address? I would be asking a lot of questions to the agent's Agent in Charge about that one first, then the offer thing second. There should not be any communication about offers being received between the seller and the buyer that is why the realtors are there.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM

I know it may sound weird but his email to me really is not a problem te problem is the first time we communicated via email he had to ask me what their last offer was and this time it has been 4 calendar days since we accepted & he still does not know. I have not sold/bought many home is this even remotely normal practice??? TIA

Old 06-16-2009, 04:12 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,304,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
I know it may sound weird but his email to me really is not a problem te problem is the first time we communicated via email he had to ask me what their last offer was and this time it has been 4 calendar days since we accepted & he still does not know. I have not sold/bought many home is this even remotely normal practice??? TIA
No it is not normal. As the previous poster stated all communications is to be done through the agents. I would contact my agent immediately and if you don't hear from them I would call the broker in charge ASAP!!!!! Before your deal goes down the drain.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
No it is not normal. As the previous poster stated all communications is to be done through the agents. I would contact my agent immediately and if you don't hear from them I would call the broker in charge ASAP!!!!! Before your deal goes down the drain.
Yea my RE agent has been trying to reach their agent. Does this guy not want to get paid??? He has been the single biggest obstacle this whole time.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:56 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,304,930 times
It might be wise to have your agents broker get in touch with his agents broker. Deals have fallen apart for a lot less. Good luck.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM

38 posts, read 104,135 times
is there a rule that there should be no communication directly between the seller and buyeror is it that it is the preferred mode is to communicate with realtors and have less headache in dealing with the opposite party----doc

Old 06-17-2009, 05:33 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,171,415 times
If your agent communicated the acceptance of offer to their agent it has been accepted. Get on the pipe and call the other RE agents broker-in-charge and light them up!!!! Next, call the NCREC and report the agent - blow torch that agent!

Old 06-17-2009, 05:44 AM

3,774 posts, read 6,996,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
Is there any reason an perspective buyer would still not know by Tuesday afternoon that their offer had been accepted on Friday?? We know our RE agent told their agent that same night but now it is Tuesday and the buyer just emailed me asking if we accepted their offer???
:shoc ked:

whaaaat?

how on earth did they buyer get your email? something is seriously wrong here...

Old 06-17-2009, 05:52 AM

622 posts, read 1,585,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
If your agent communicated the acceptance of offer to their agent it has been accepted. Get on the pipe and call the other RE agents broker-in-charge and light them up!!!! Next, call the NCREC and report the agent - blow torch that agent!
Unfortunately, unless there is a contract signed and dated by both parties there is no acceptance of the offer. Oral acceptance is not a valid contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte