U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-19-2009, 10:24 AM

4,897 posts, read 4,262,205 times
Default Fourth City Data Reunion

I'd like to give plenty advance notice of the next proposed CD re-union so that there will be no excuses not to attend. Last time we had a dozen or so people attending. Our goal is to double the number.

Lets use this thread to develope the venue and as we get closer to the date we'll clean it up into a new thread with the final details.

I propose the date of Tues July 21st

Venue: Rock Bottom has been good to us for the past two times but maybe a change would be healthy. Besides, RB has reduced their kick back to Brian and I and I'd like to see if we could make a better deal somewhere else. Last time we were there I got back $1.75 in kick back. Don't know what he got but it was probably less than me b/c I stayed later.

Serious now: A couple of ideas have been thrown into the pot already so lets start there but I ENCOURAGE anyone to toss in an idea. If it's fun, not too far to drive and meets the parameter of these difficult econ. times please post.

New Ideas: a) EpiCenter venue
b) Drink, bowl and fall down drunk. Wake up next day with hangover, backache and tennis elbow.
c) I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday after lunch before my 5 o'clock flight. I ate at "Stool Pigeon" (place as big as BOA stadium with 2 diners and 1 guy at the bar at 1PM) and I found a place about 1/4 mile away that might present an idea for us. There is a mini-golf and par 3 18 hole golf course that has a lot of charm to do. I went in and started to talk to the managers and let me tell you this place is a find. Their prices must be from a time cap. Mini golf in $4.25. Cheeseburger 3 bux. Beer...? Eighteen holes of golf with an electric cart is $18!. Guy throws me the keys to a cart and says take a ride around the place! Nice as could be. When I get back he asks where I'm from. He says Oh, I'm from Albany NY. We get to talking. He says Oh, BTW, after 4PM the golf is $8. C'mon on was he drunk?

Long story short, another suggestion: Mini golf at Paradise Valley with dollar beers (plenty of parking) and then about 8PM Stool Pigeon's to help them stay out of Chap. 11.

These are ONLY ideas...would really like to hear some suggestions.
John

Last edited by pink caddy; 06-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,180,152 times
I'll go where you guys go as that date works for the both of us. Our pick goes for Epicentre but like I said, anywhere is fine.

ssd3, if you still need someone to trail behind in order to attend, let me know.

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:14 AM

Off to a good start by affirming the date and casting a vote.
Thanks Brian.

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:15 AM

6,765 posts, read 6,892,715 times
Does Stool Pigeons have a full bar?

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM

608 posts, read 990,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
The last time I was there the bar wasn't full, but it was pretty crowded!

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
The last time I was there the bar wasn't full, but it was pretty crowded!
Ok smartypants, full service then. Lol, I'm guessing the answer is ,"yes"!

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
It does. But as I said there was only one guy at the bar and only me and a real estate agent for lunch at 1pm. Thought that was strange but I'm not familiar with what goes on there at that hour. Maybe...has big crowd at nite b/c of the area it's in ?

Unread 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM

Is there any reason to believe there is more than one Stool Pigeon? Remember
I'm a carpetbagger from NY..this isn't my home court. LOL

Unread 06-19-2009, 12:06 PM

I just looked up Carpetbagger, I guess I'm one too!

Anyways the golf thing sounds fun, don't be jealous of my Scotty Cameron mini-putter John. (I'm joking)

Unread 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM

2,447 posts, read 4,313,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Is there any reason to believe there is more than one Stool Pigeon? Remember
I'm a carpetbagger from NY..this isn't my home court. LOL
Stool Pigeon is a small chain. There is another one in the University area and one in Matthews. The uptown location can get pretty crowded at night.

Stool Pigeons website (http://www.stoolpigeons.biz/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte