U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,793 times

Advertisements

Looking for reviews from anyone who has had experience with OrthoCarolina and Presbyterian Hosp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 01:47 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,542,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acline View Post
Looking for reviews from anyone who has had experience with OrthoCarolina and Presbyterian Hosp.
Most of their docs are excellent, and I am a fan of Presby after numerous occasions there myself Which doc are you thinking of seeing? In particular, Dr. John Masonis is a pioneer in an anterior hip replacement which has cut recovery time in half.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:01 PM

7 posts, read 25,533 times
I 2nd Dr. Masonis. He is on the cutting edge of hip replacement surgery. But there are other fine, competent doctors there as well.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 PM

7 posts, read 25,533 times
But we are jumping ahead, aren't we? You may have issues other than total hip surgery. I do know that Charlotte in general is very fortunate to have the quality orthopedic physicians they do. Many are fellowship trained (more specific training after residency) and tend to be more experienced in difficult cases. Good Luck

Old 06-19-2009, 06:20 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,313,657 times
I had Dr Matthew Ohl at OC, for my meniscus repair, and give him rave reviews! Even though he was a Workers Comp selected physician, I felt he truly listened to me and respected my needs/concerns.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 AM

716 posts, read 1,911,959 times
I can tell you a doctor at OC that you should NOT see, if you want to DM me.

I went to see him for a torn ACL, and he was downright rude. I had concerns because I had never had surgery before, and I was asking a lot of questions about the procedure, and he was finally like, "Do whatever you want then." And he signed off on my form and left the room. I was stunned. I didn't know if I was supposed to stay or leave or what, so finally I just left. But that was probably the worst I was ever treated by any doctor.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,542,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
I can tell you a doctor at OC that you should NOT see, if you want to DM me.

I went to see him for a torn ACL, and he was downright rude. I had concerns because I had never had surgery before, and I was asking a lot of questions about the procedure, and he was finally like, "Do whatever you want then." And he signed off on my form and left the room. I was stunned. I didn't know if I was supposed to stay or leave or what, so finally I just left. But that was probably the worst I was ever treated by any doctor.
Now that I might be facing some knee surgery I hope you'll dm the name of this doctor!

Old 05-10-2012, 05:47 PM

279 posts, read 791,171 times
Well my daughter had shoulder surgery yesterday and we see Dr.Donald D'Alessandro. We went through the One Day Surgery Center at CMC.Everything went well and she is doing great so far.We also saw Dr."D" for a knee injury.He specializes in knees and shoulders. I think he is wonderful! We have been completely satisfied.If you go on the OrthoCarolina website, you can look up the doctors and read their bios and chech their credentials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or