Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:06 PM

70 posts, read 212,818 times

Advertisements

Okay...this may have nothing to do with moving to the Charlotte area...because I am convinced you will run into numnuts everywhere,
but I went to Monroe Walmart this AM. I parked by one of the cart corrals...anyway, I came out and someone parked their cart against my car, 1 ft away from the parking lot cage that is supposed to make it easy.... anyway, I voiced out loud....what kind of dillhole would get their cart this far and can't push it one more foot to where it should be...

Then this fella about 60 or so comes up behind me saying "It's a shame when I can't park my car because people are lazy and leave their carts in the parking lot...and he slams 3 carts into the cage and I realize he moved them in order to park his car!!!

So then I start to get in my car and this woman in front of me who heard all the frustration being vented said, well, I don't mean to argue, but I have three kids and people have to understand that it's easier for me to leave my cart by the car...

To which I said I have three kids as well. I snuck out early Sunday AM to shop and left them and their dad snoozing.

She said, I don't leave my kids alone in the car as you must....I told her not only are my kids not left unattended...they just simply walk with me to put the cart away and then we load up and leave...not only can I be a good mom, I can be a good Walmart shopper!!....anyway, I had to leave because she was starting to stomp and get loud over her right as a mother to leave carts in the parking lot...and told me I was wrong to not understand how hard it is for a mother....

Please share your feelings on this....because I was amazed at this woman actually starting to get temper tantrum mad because I told her I'm a mother and still manage to put the freaking cart where it needs to be....

Like I said, not a moving to Charlotte post, but I enjoy the off topic posts once in a while, hopefully other Piedmont area residents have some good stories too.

Thanks folks!

Last edited by ssdei38; 04-15-2007 at 05:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 05:09 PM
MHW

30 posts, read 99,456 times
I have almost 2 year old triplets and a 6 month old, and I manage to put my cart away every single time (and we go to Walmart at least once a week). If I can do it, anybody should be able to! (Yes, even in the rain.) I load the kids in the car, lock it, run the cart over to the corral, and run back. The kids are not left alone very long at all. I can't stand it when people don't put their carts away. Just poor upbringing I guess.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHW View Post
I have almost 2 year old triplets and a 6 month old, and I manage to put my cart away every single time (and we go to Walmart at least once a week). If I can do it, anybody should be able to! (Yes, even in the rain.) I load the kids in the car, lock it, run the cart over to the corral, and run back. The kids are not left alone very long at all. I can't stand it when people don't put their carts away. Just poor upbringing I guess.
ok, my kids are 11 and 13 and this is what I do. I don't leave carts, not at Wal Mart, not no where. I don't normally have then anyway, but when I do that is what I do as well.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 PM

396 posts, read 1,630,439 times
Quote:

I am in awe of you with 4 kids in that age group at Wal Mart shopping by yourself! If I ever see you there....I will take your cart back for you. You are awesome.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:38 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
Quote:
Wow I have to agree with Indraman, You are amazing..lol...I hate taking my 12 yr old and 8 yr old and u deal with 4 and do it by yourself...

Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 AM

396 posts, read 1,434,303 times
I went to Petsmart yesterday and when I was leaving I had to clear 3 carts out of my way so I could back out of my space (I was parked next to a grassy area, which at Petsmart is a hazard all its own, and folks had tipped carts up into the grass all the way around). It is kind of frustrating and I try to remember to return my cart. Nothing worse than "runaway carts" banging into cars in parking lots!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM

396 posts, read 1,630,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
I went to Petsmart yesterday and when I was leaving I had to clear 3 carts out of my way so I could back out of my space (I was parked next to a grassy area, which at Petsmart is a hazard all its own, and folks had tipped carts up into the grass all the way around). It is kind of frustrating and I try to remember to return my cart. Nothing worse than "runaway carts" banging into cars in parking lots!
I have two gigantic new dents from the Target lot to prove that point.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:51 AM

476 posts, read 1,575,360 times
Quote:

No one should read this and be able to find an excuse not to put their cart back!

I like this off topic post too it is a nice change of pace.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdei38 View Post
anyway, I had to leave because she was starting to stomp and get loud over her right as a mother to leave carts in the parking lot...and told me I was wrong to not understand how hard it is for a mother....

Please share your feelings on this....because I was amazed at this woman actually starting to get temper tantrum mad because I told her I'm a mother and still manage to put the freaking cart where it needs to be....

Thanks folks!
I'm pretty sure that her irrational outburst about shopping carts had nothing to do with shopping carts, if you know what I mean. When I see Mom's behaving badly in shopping experiences, I always try to remember those days. I'd hate to have someone play back some of my outbursts from my younger-mother days! Usually occuring at the end of a very long workday, after sleepless nights and sick kids in tow. Icing on the cake is "somebody telling you you are a bad mother for not parking the shopping cart correctly"...LOL! Can you imagine that?! I know that's not what you said, but I'm pretty sure that's what she heard. Just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt...

P.S. I agree with you that scattered shopping carts are annoying and people should do better

Old 04-16-2007, 07:42 AM

321 posts, read 1,556,312 times
I agree wholeheartedly with putting the cart away, or taking it all the way back to the store if necessary. I'm pretty sure you're not going to find anybody on this forum who will agree with leaving the cart by the car -- or at least anybody who will admit to it, because we all know there are plenty of them out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte