U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:34 AM

195 posts, read 302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Most of the time a security system does little to prevent thieves. The thieves know that by the time the system verifys a need to call the police and the police respond (if they respond) the thieves have plenty of time to leave with your stuff. Best system to protect your home and car/shop etc is a silent alarm that wakes you up without them knowing it,Then you can "DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO"
A sign on the front yard (with the name of a random security co) supposedly works well...without actually having the service.

Kind of like those signs on the roads where "streets are monitored by radar."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 AM

797 posts, read 1,116,470 times
I just switched to CPI from ADT and it's the best decision I've ever made. ADT has the worst customer service and you can never get a straight answer from them. I cancelled my service with ADT in April and they're still sending me bills even though they "let me" get out of my contract. CPI's customer service people are very courteous and polite. Even the techs that have come out to my home were very professional.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:13 AM

10,343 posts, read 11,031,289 times
CPI all the way

Old 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 339 times
yes i have monitronics on my home and have had to use the system, the response through two way was very fast and i had police at my home in a matter of no time. the customer support is great, and they also came out to fix my back door and add a few thing in after the breakin for free

Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,394,071 times
Despite what they say, I actually like ADT. The first thing I did for installation was to make sure I was dealing directly with ADT corporate and not a re-seller.

My one complaint was that they just raised my rates by $2.00/month, and they can't seem to itemize the monthly bill. However, when I called to ask about that, the rep asked "are you thinking of cancelling?", and I played along and said "Sure".

Just like that, I got transferred to the "retention department", where they dropped the bill by a substantial amount. I guess I was overpaying.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,285,702 times
We have Security Networks and no complain.
It was a 2 year commitment and about 40$/month with 2 keypads, motion, windows, 3 doors, smoke/CO, 2 remote controls, wireless phone alarm (since we don't have a phone land line) , etc.
At beginning when I pressed by mistake (in my pocket) the alarm remote control in my keys chain, I could not remember the password...
In less then 5 minutes we had UC police at the door...

Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM

744 posts, read 863,874 times
I just signed on with CPI as well (for my business).
Don't pay ANY installation or setup fees. These companies are in serious rivalry with each other.
If you get a quote from ASG, CPI will bend over backwards to beat it and vice versa.

I'm paying $35/month for 2 doors and 2 motions detectors, no setup fees.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM

221 posts, read 440,776 times
We looked into Simplisafe before settling on installing our own webcams & using icam software. The software is free for computers & $5 for each phone. We hooked the cameras with night vision up to it and the system immediately buzzes the app on our phones whenever it detects motion. It's immediate, there are no monthly fees, and we can check the cameras whenever we like, but it depends on us always having our phones available. (My husband works remotely, so this is easier for him.) We are still considering inviting Simplisafe in for the monitoring (they don't require contracts).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte