Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:18 AM

10 posts, read 25,522 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the South Charlotte area in the next couple of months and will be going to look for a home next week. In the meantime, we have been looking at homes online. Does anyone know anything about the Copper Run neighborhood? Is it a completed neighborhood or just starting? Any info would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 AM

285 posts, read 800,027 times
It has been trying to start. The houses are beautiful, on large lots, but no amenities. Its located in Mineral springs. we looked at them, when they were priced higher. I believe the schools would be parkwood. and it will be a long time for them to be complete

What exactly are you looking for? For us, moving away from home, we wanted an established community with a pool, tennis courts, etc, and lots of kids

are you looking for new construction or a resale, or open to either

Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 AM

457 posts, read 1,177,391 times
We looked at that over a year ago. There are only 4 houses built & when we drove by it about a month ago, all 4 were still available & had dropped in price so much like $50 -$75k approx. To me it's out in the middle of nowhere & there are no neighbors, so it's really lonely. At first the tranquility appealed to me, but now that I'm in a great nabe with a great sense of community I'm sooo relieved that we didn't buy there. Plus you can hear the freight train every now & then, that would drive me nuts!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the info! That's what I guessed was going on: 4 houses still for sale, no more being constructed, out in the country with not much around it.

We're looking for an established (or nearly finished) neighborhood in the $350-$400 range. Hubby's job is in the Ballantyne area, but I'm not convinced that it's an area that we want to live. We were thinking Waxhaw/Weddington, Fort Mill, or even Lake Wylie areas. We will drive around to all those areas when we are down there next week on our "house hunting expedition"!

Do you have any specific neighborhoods that you suggest or ones to avoid? What is your opinion on living in the Ballantyne area vs. the other areas I mentioned?

Thank you all so much!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
I would suggest Hunter Oaks, Somerset or the Reserve. All are in Union County and very convenient to Ballantyne, and have amenities as well.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:41 PM

285 posts, read 800,027 times
I agree, s.clt, especially as I am driving to Ballantyne for my sons allergy shots 2x a week.

there are so many to choose from including Lawson, Stonegate, Silver Creek, and lots over in the Blakeney area too

Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM

Thanks everyone! Keep those suggestions coming! We have a realtor that is helping us, but I like to do some online searching of my own as well.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 PM

33 posts, read 97,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I would suggest Hunter Oaks, Somerset or the Reserve. All are in Union County and very convenient to Ballantyne, and have amenities as well.

I agree with these suggestions. They are located in a great part of Union County yet so close to South Charlotte.

Good luck!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 AM

148 posts, read 423,334 times
Palisades would be worth a see though about 20 minutes from Ballantyne

Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Thanks everyone! We were in the Charlotte area 2 weeks ago and decided to purchase in the Waxhaw area. We did drive by Copper Run and the homes are beautiful and have nice, large lots. It felt a little to far out from the city for us, though. We saw many nice neighborhoods that look to be in a similar situation to Copper Run -- just got started as the housing market crashed and have not picked back up with construction yet. We may only be in the Charlotte area for 2-3 years and didn't want to deal with constant construction for our time here. We love the neighborhood we chose and are excited to move into it in two weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte