U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM

2,125 posts, read 4,240,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy.johnston71 View Post
My child's private school was always getting my kids to ask us or our neibours for money by selling all sorts of things. Most of the fundraisers would take too much work, and I know the parents were getting tired of getting asked for donations.

Last year our private school found this company http://www.FundRaisingPrintStore.com that has gives you an "Online Print Store", for all of the items that they had to print anyways. They also gave the school 15% commission on ALL ORDERS put through our private schoolís branded site, and we didnít have to do anything!

They even got their business cards for all the staff loaded in the site. Speaking to the principal, he said that it saved him time and money this way.

They have a special offering for private schools which I was told about. If you go to Private School Fund Raising Program (http://www.fundraisingprintstore.com/private-school.html - broken link) to get the discounted rate.
It works really well for us
I just don't see where 15% commission is very much for the work that is done. It FAR benefits the company vs. the school. That is where my problem lies with this whole fundraising thing.

When I first moved down here when I was 16, my private school in Rock Hill did a Krispy Kreme FUNdraiser thing. Each of the students in my class (There was 16 of us) were given 20 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts and told to sell them to whomever. What we didn't sell, we had to make up the balance to the class. So if given 20 boxes of donuts to sell for $2.00 or whatever it costs, if I only sold 10 boxes, I owed my "class" $20.00. Well, I was new in town and didn't know anyone and couldn't sell any.

I refused to pay the class any of the money and got in trouble It was the silliest thing.

Now I see that they have these "parties" for the kids that sell a certain amount and the kids that don't have to sit in the classroom. HOW DEMEANING!!! We have to do a better job with the children. Didn't I vote for Bonds or something so that we don't have to pimp our children out to sell junk to our neighbors? Who's really winning here? It's certainly not the children!!! More like the company that makes the junk!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 AM

285 posts, read 503,339 times
the fundraisers here are a bit much, However I do try to think about the tax base that the schools have, and it is definitely very low. I don't make my kids sell to anybody, just myself. and believe me, they were the same in NY

The greatest cheap and easy thing you can do, especially if you don't already have kids in the school system , is link your Harris Teeter card to a school of your choice, and save your boxtops for education. Also the school libraries are always craving books, so I'll pick up any kids hardcovers at garage sales and donate to the school

Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

5,944 posts, read 6,819,436 times
My kids used to get so mad at DW and I for not letting them go door to door selling the fundraiser crap. It seemes that we were depriving them of their opportunity to get the great parties and prizes that were pitched by the schools. Not only did the schools push these programs, but they had no problem inflicting controversy in the families where the kids were snookered by the sales pitch. To this day, I still refuse to buy anything from a school fundraiser. (Oh yeah, I don't buy GS cookies anymore either since the quantity and quality have gone down the crapper while the price has jumped.)

Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM

24 posts, read 32,887 times
At Newtown and Wesley Chapel they do something wonderdul. They send home a flyer and you give 1 time yes foklks 1 time for the year. You pay 65 a family and then the fundraising is over I love it! PTA mom's what do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte