Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM

27 posts, read 73,034 times

Advertisements

Anyone have info on Sun City and the area it is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 12:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actordad View Post
Anyone have info on Sun City and the area it is in.
One of our posters parents lives there - contact southCharlotte&union, she can give you first hand info.

What I know about that place is that it's in a nice location for getting back into south Charlotte, has great amenities and a lot of retail going up just outside of it to serve the community. It has a good reputation as a nice place.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
Lancaster Co, SC about 10-15 min south of 485.
www.delwebb.com

Old 07-03-2009, 05:00 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
I've been to the community a couple times & its very nice. I'd love to have a house there.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,116 times
I was there today. I'm there a couple times a week putting in sprinkler systems. And wow. Is that ever one active (and HUGE) subdivision! Those old folks get out and DO STUFF. Jogging, walking, yardwork, golf, tennis, swimming -- I mean, there is just all kinds of stuff going on there. And almost everyone seems really friendly and cool. I wouldn't mind living somewhere like that if I ever retire.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I was there today. I'm there a couple times a week putting in sprinkler systems. And wow. Is that ever one active (and HUGE) subdivision! Those old folks get out and DO STUFF. Jogging, walking, yardwork, golf, tennis, swimming -- I mean, there is just all kinds of stuff going on there. And almost everyone seems really friendly and cool. I wouldn't mind living somewhere like that if I ever retire.
And there apparently is a connection for golf carts to get to the new Harris Teeter shopping center, as I always see them coming in when I'm there.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:00 AM

^Brilliant. Golf carts seem to be the main mode of transportation there. Every garage has a dedicated outlet to charge them, and the streets have a golf cart lane on the right side. Oddly enough, I don't see all that many folks actually playing golf, but the carts sure are out in force.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:33 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
I live there. If you want to contact me privately we can talk about it. I have helped a lot of people. I am very forthright and give you both the good and the bad and can answer pretty much all your questions.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I live there. If you want to contact me privately we can talk about it. I have helped a lot of people. I am very forthright and give you both the good and the bad and can answer pretty much all your questions.
Posts like this always make me wonder -- why would you prefer to talk about it privately? If you held the discussion here, anyone interested in Sun City could share in your knowledge -- you might answer questions that a lot of other people are wondering about, too. I don't mean to single you out or anything, it's just that I often see people encourage others to send them a DM for info and can't help but wonder - why the disinclination to discuss it on the public forum, since that's kind of the point of the forums?

Old 07-04-2009, 02:22 PM

272 posts, read 785,805 times
Is the HOA fee high with all those amenities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte