Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Sorry...banker here....drug testing and fingerprinting required.
I guess that means that all you guys in banking were sober when you took the world's financial system down the crapper?

On the other hand, maybe bankers use all the other drugs (including alcohol) that are likely to exit your system before the drug test?

Drug testing mostly finds cannabis, since it is retained in fatty tissue far longer than most other drugs including illegally obtained prescription drugs, which is the largest proportion of illegal drugs today, according to the DEA, and the ones doing the most damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times
If you want a job where you don't have to worry about drug testing, I would look at teaching or working for the federal government. It is unlikely thatYou would ever find a government worker that uses drugs. Just kidding about the drug use, but yea, those places.

Last edited by vindaloo; 07-30-2012 at 02:53 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindibadji View Post
If you want a job where you don't have to worry about drug testing, I would look at teaching or working for the federal government. It is unlikely thatYou would ever find a government worker that uses drugs. Just kidding about the drug use, but yea, those places.
Huh? The federal govt. certainly drug tests, as does any school district? Is this an attempt at a joke?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM

52 posts, read 62,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Huh? The federal govt. certainly drug tests, as does any school district? Is this an attempt at a joke?
Has to be.

Then again....

Those are two groups that (far to often anyhow) "the public" expects to "take care" of them and look out for them and do all the hard stuff for them so they don't have to.

From having the government pay the bills (government welfare) and raise their kids for them (schools).

And if they aren't doing the most perfect job, like god forbid you have to get a job or, I don't know, teach your own kids right from wrong............ they must be on drugs because they are failures.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:06 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Too bad for them. It's unfortunate that their employers value what's in their pee more than their performance on the job, unless of course it's a requirement because the business does business with the federal government, than the employer has no choice.
Which is funny because relatively few federal jobs do drug testing. And most of the ones which do only do it during the hiring process, and given how long the federal hiring process takes from application to interview, it's plenty of time to get the weed out your system.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:21 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Which is funny because relatively few federal jobs do drug testing. And most of the ones which do only do it during the hiring process, and given how long the federal hiring process takes from application to interview, it's plenty of time to get the weed out your system.
I've never actually had to submit to a drug test after hiring in the private sector. I don't think most places really do random testing after hiring unless there is actual suspicion of drug use.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,518 times
Default look in the mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
[SIZE=3]Shows allot about your intelligence with that statement.[/SIZE]
Shows a lot about your ability to spell with that statement.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,265 times
My mind / body is healthier with hemp butter than 80% U.S. population - Insurance and drug companies have made synthetic drug dependent babies out of the common American who has toxic fatty acid build up due to impure animal fat reliance.

Not taking care of oneself and not fighting corrupt laws is being CHILDISH PASSIVE.

having your hand held by insurance/medical industry does not make a man - but a mindless Zombie.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times
I bet the bossmen at BOA dont take no frikkin drug test.I know for a fact that even though all of the mechanics and bus drivers at CMS take random test the director and her office cronies DONT.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Does anyone know of any companies that don't do drug testing on its employees?
CMS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte