U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:39 AM

286 posts, read 942,969 times

Advertisements

We recently checked out Aladdin's Eatery in Matthews when friends invited us out there. Our friends are from Ohio and liked the one out there a lot.

Being partially of Mediterranean descent I liked the food a lot. We got to meet the owners and they were very friendly. And the biggest thing to note is that the prices were very good! One reason I don't get to eat at Middle Eastern restaurants around here are their prices. If you like Mediterranean food that won't eat a hole in your wallet, check out Aladdin's Eatery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:41 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,866,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
We recently checked out Aladdin's Eatery in Matthews when friends invited us out there. Our friends are from Ohio and liked the one out there a lot.

Being partially of Mediterranean descent I liked the food a lot. We got to meet the owners and they were very friendly. And the biggest thing to note is that the prices were very good! One reason I don't get to eat at Middle Eastern restaurants around here are their prices. If you like Mediterranean food that won't eat a hole in your wallet, check out Aladdin's Eatery.
Is it related to the Alladins in Ohio? That one is awesome. I love Middle Eastern food, I'll definitely check it out either way. Thanks

EDIT: I just went to their website, it IS! Yay! I had no idea they were a franchise. Lol. Their food is really good

Old 07-12-2009, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,760 times
I love Aladdin's! from Ohio and was so excited to see a location here in Charlotte. Food is Great and menu is extensive. Love the real fruit smoothies and salads! Right off Lawyer's Road exit and worth the trip. Can't wait to go again.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:06 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,073,113 times
There was one of these near where I lived in NOVA. I never tried it though. Is their pita bread cooked in a real Tandoori? I haven't found one around here that does. Some of the Indian restaurants do but not the Middle Eastern ones.

As a side note, I can't seem to find this restaurant in the database for the Mecklenburg County Digital Health Department.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM

209 posts, read 617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
There was one of these near where I lived in NOVA. I never tried it though. Is their pita bread cooked in a real Tandoori? I haven't found one around here that does. Some of the Indian restaurants do but not the Middle Eastern ones.

As a side note, I can't seem to find this restaurant in the database for the Mecklenburg County Digital Health Department.

It's in Union County, I don't think that's Matthews, Stallings I believe. Great restaurant, need to go back soon...

Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarononymous View Post
It's in Union County, I don't think that's Matthews, Stallings I believe. Great restaurant, need to go back soon...
I guess it is one of those places that has a Matthews address because of the Post Office that services them.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:15 PM

18 posts, read 42,170 times
I love Aladdin's! When I lived in Cleveland I went to it all the time, and I have been to the one here once, but since I live in uptown it's a bit of a drive for me to get there. Though it is totally worth it. I love the food and can't beat the price (as long as I ignore the gas it takes me to get there!)

Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM

I'll have to call and find out if they have a real Tandoori. If they don't make their bread there then I am wary.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 PM

58 posts, read 150,889 times
This place is really, really awesome...the staff is excellent and they have great dessert and food!

Old 01-05-2010, 03:05 PM

416 posts, read 807,169 times
This location has CLOSED..... can still get your fix in Raleigh, only N.C. location still open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or