Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 8,608 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I, along with our two children, will be relocating to the Charlotte area in a few months. I would like to know the opinions of the best elementary schools in the area. My oldest child will start kindergarten this fall. We haven't decided which neighborhood to live, it just depends on the school system. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzi View Post
Hello, my husband and I, along with our two children, will be relocating to the Charlotte area in a few months. I would like to know the opinions of the best elementary schools in the area. My oldest child will start kindergarten this fall. We haven't decided which neighborhood to live, it just depends on the school system. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!
Where you live depends greatly on where your job is located and how much you can afford to spend.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:00 PM

4 posts, read 8,608 times
My husband will have a home office and will be traveling quite a bit every week. As long as we are within an hour of the airport, that will do. As to the amount that we can afford, the affordability part isn't much of a concern, but I would like to find a house under $150K. I'm not one to put all of my money into a big house. I like vacations and saving money for the kiddos.... Anywho, hopefully that's possible in the Charlotte area. So, obviously not too snobbish of a school, but maybe a smaller or mid size school with great academics would be great. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzi View Post
My husband will have a home office and will be traveling quite a bit every week. As long as we are within an hour of the airport, that will do. As to the amount that we can afford, the affordability part isn't much of a concern, but I would like to find a house under $150K. I'm not one to put all of my money into a big house. I like vacations and saving money for the kiddos.... Anywho, hopefully that's possible in the Charlotte area. So, obviously not too snobbish of a school, but maybe a smaller or mid size school with great academics would be great. Thanks!
Under $150,000 and good schools are a tough combination in Charlotte I'm afraid, especially on the south end.

Your best bet would be to look in neighboring Cabarrus County in the towns of Harrisburg or Concord. Huntersville might also be a possibility on the north side of Charlotte. Best of luck!

Last edited by lovesMountains; 07-24-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Here are a few current listings on the northern end of the county going up toward Huntersville:

4537 Canipe Dr, Charlotte NC 28269 (Davis Ridge Subdivision) MLS # 863242 - Allen Tate Real Estate (http://www.allentate.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?pageid=11&pagealias=ListingDet ail&ListingID=1601872&Region=CMLS&ListingPosition= 2&From=Full - broken link)
5016 Haybridge Rd, Charlotte NC 28269 (Farmington Subdivision) MLS # 862478 - Allen Tate Real Estate (http://www.allentate.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?pageid=11&pagealias=ListingDet ail&ListingID=1564395&Region=CMLS&ListingPosition= 4&From=Full - broken link)

9004 Sanders Creek Ct, Charlotte NC 28269 (Eastfield Subdivision) MLS # 800401 - Allen Tate Real Estate (http://www.allentate.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?pageid=11&pagealias=ListingDet ail&ListingID=1361402&Region=CMLS&ListingPosition= 5&From=Full - broken link)

19050 Long Pond Ln, Cornelius NC 28031 (Heritage Green Subdivision) MLS # 871237 - Allen Tate Real Estate (http://www.allentate.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?pageid=11&pagealias=ListingDet ail&ListingID=1589311&Region=CMLS&ListingPosition= 8&From=Full - broken link)

Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM

174 posts, read 403,944 times
You may also consider Union County, near Waxhaw or Indian Trail.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbyChoice View Post
You may also consider Union County, near Waxhaw or Indian Trail.
You'll have an easier time finding something in your price range in or near Indian Trail and Stallings not really Waxhaw. Elementary Schools to look for (the ones I'm familiar with) would be Hemby Bridge, Stallings, and Porter Ridge. There are websites to search that let you search by school, if you need a link (I don't work for a realtor, just like a particular site since it's easy to look through) PM me and I'll send you the one I used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte