Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 AM

382 posts, read 1,887,944 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband and I are seeing a counselor, but we just aren't clicking with this person. I would love to get a recommendation. My only form of finding one is on a list of providers and it doesn't really give me any clue on if they'll be a better match for us or not. I want to find someone that specializes in couples/marriage counseling.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Default advise from Mr. Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Hi! My husband and I are seeing a counselor, but we just aren't clicking with this person. I would love to get a recommendation. My only form of finding one is on a list of providers and it doesn't really give me any clue on if they'll be a better match for us or not. I want to find someone that specializes in couples/marriage counseling.
Thank you!
What bothers you (" not clicking") about him so that we might be able to recommend someone you might click with. Body odor, hair under her arms, or counseling in bare feet are some things I can think off that would turn the "click" off for me. High fees, making me lie down after having just brushed my hair, telling me to stay with the mate I went to counsuling with and charging me for the advise are a few other things that would bother me.

So, tell us a bit more about this non-clickable person and I'm sure there is someone out there that can help you. It won't be me as I am one of the biggest cheapskates around and I don't pay for advise. If it can't be settled over a glass a wine or in the boxing ring. . . forgetaboutit.

je

Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Thank you!
If would help if you'd specify what part of town

Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 16,192 times
Kim Boubon (Ballantyne area) she's great! Her appointment line is 704-341-1226. Good luck.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 AM

8 posts, read 26,433 times
Kristen Lorincz - works in Gastonia

Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
What bothers you (" not clicking") about him so that we might be able to recommend someone you might click with. Body odor, hair under her arms, or counseling in bare feet are some things I can think off that would turn the "click" off for me. High fees, making me lie down after having just brushed my hair, telling me to stay with the mate I went to counsuling with and charging me for the advise are a few other things that would bother me.

So, tell us a bit more about this non-clickable person and I'm sure there is someone out there that can help you. It won't be me as I am one of the biggest cheapskates around and I don't pay for advise. If it can't be settled over a glass a wine or in the boxing ring. . . forgetaboutit.

je
you don't sound like the type of person i'd take advise from. so thanks ... but no thanks.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If would help if you'd specify what part of town
we're in south charlotte. thanks!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Quote:
you don't sound like the type of person i'd take advise from. so thanks ... but no thanks.

Well, you got that right. BTW... as I said you won't get any advise from me.
On affairs of the heart I wouldn't take my advise either.

Good luck with the consigliere,
John

Old 01-02-2009, 01:25 PM

311 posts, read 915,814 times
Hope Church Charlotte

Old 06-01-2009, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2char View Post
Kim Boubon (Ballantyne area) she's great! Her appointment line is 704-341-1226. Good luck.
Glad you had a good experience. Her "gentle" direct approach was more like rude and unprofessional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte