U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 PM

416 posts, read 808,956 times

Advertisements

I went this past weekend. There were a lot of flies.

I got the chicken and dumplings. They were OK. Macaroni was a little disappointing. I thought it looked baked on the menu but it came out really creamy with a Velveeta-like sauce to it. The roasted squash was pretty good (served with carmelized onions).

My wife got an omelet, grits, chicken sausage, and a biscuit. She was happy with her meal overall. She particularly liked the biscuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:22 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,077,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I'm curious, did you put ketchup on your samich? I put ketchup on grilled cheese with bacon and usually get reemed for it. I look at it as a bacon cheeseburger minus the burger, therefore it gets smothered in ketchup.
My wife looks at me weird every time I dip my GC in ketchup!

We just went to Sweet T's for lunch. No flies around that I saw, which hopefully would always be true in November. I thought it was very good. We had

Open face turkey sandwich - The meat was moist and delicious. It was definitely real turkey meat. I could have done without the dark meat but that fact that it was there told me they roasted a whole turkey. The mashed potatoes and gravy on the sandwich were delicious as well.

Mac & Cheese - It was good and creamy. It didn't have the crunchy crust that I like but it was very good, IMO.

Hush Puppies - Very delicious!

Fried Chicken - You could tell that it was marinated in buttermilk and it was also moist and tasty.

As and added bonus, they have Boyland sodas which are made with real cane sugar and fruit juices. Well worth the $1.50 price. Overall, I give a 8 out of 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte