U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 AM

87 posts, read 245,729 times

Advertisements

Just ate at Sweet T's Diner yesterday in South Charlotte. Overall I think the concept is exactly what we need down here, but the delivery wasn't all there. We had the Grilled Cheese and Bacon sandwich, which was made ouit of Texas Toast, Cheese, and Hickory Bacon. It would have been a hit, but the bread felt soggy and not really hot. Bright side were the onion rings. I thought they were really really good. I haven't tried the breakfast, but I must say the pancakes did look good.

On a less appetizing note. One thing that really ruins my experience with a restaurant is number of fly's that can be seen buzzing around. We sat at the counter, which is right in front of the food prep area and I counted 10 alone. Don't get me wrong, I think every restaurant has issues with insects, but most do well to mask them so I don't notice them. My suggestion to them is to install a blower at the door that keeps them from sneaking in with the guests (and fly strips at night during off hours).
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 11:35 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,128,863 times
Well, that sucks. My wife won't eat there if there are flies about.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:03 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,735,331 times
Heh, a review of a new restaurant by a brand new member and it's NOT a rave review. How refreshing! Sorry that the place fell short, but it the review was a rave, I wouldn't have believed it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,894,704 times
We've been there three times, only for breakfast so far. It's right next to St Matthews so it's really convenient after Mass.

Anyways, my opinion is that omelets are really good and huge, the french toast is good too. The sausage biscuits and gravy, their specialty, was not good.

Overall I think it's not bad/not great, but I've only been there for breakfast.

The pies look delicious and you can tell they are homemade, I will try those next.

Service has been good and the prices are on par w/ other casual Ballantyne eateries imo.

6.5 outta 10

Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM

174 posts, read 354,672 times
We've been twice and extremely pleased both times. I would recommend to a friend: pan fried chicken = delicious!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,147,441 times
We went a few weeks back and won't be back. Was there at 6:00pm and they were out of mashed potatos which went with just about everything on the menu, the tea was sour (sat too long), they had to remake it and the time to get our order was just plain too long. The food was just okay, but nothing at all to rave about. CheezeMo's or Cosmos is a much better option and better food. And the flies are pretty bad like the OP said.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:11 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,203,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by running123 View Post
.....We had the Grilled Cheese and Bacon sandwich, which was made ouit of Texas Toast, Cheese, and Hickory Bacon.....
I'm curious, did you put ketchup on your samich? I put ketchup on grilled cheese with bacon and usually get reemed for it. I look at it as a bacon cheeseburger minus the burger, therefore it gets smothered in ketchup.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:18 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,894,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I'm curious, did you put ketchup on your samich? I put ketchup on grilled cheese with bacon and usually get reemed for it. I look at it as a bacon cheeseburger minus the burger, therefore it gets smothered in ketchup.
I do. I put tomatoes on them too.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 PM

87 posts, read 245,729 times
I may have dipped it in the ketchup I poured for the onion rings

Old 07-13-2009, 11:01 PM

264 posts, read 766,091 times
We ate there the other day.
The kids had choc. chip pancakes & french toast...very good.
My sausage patties were not cooked thoroughly and neither was my husbands bacon. We both had scr. egg whites and they were the kind out of a carton.
We had really good service and they had fresh squeezed o.j. which I love.
I'm going to try it one more time and go for some lunch to see what it's like. They've been open a while now...since early May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte