U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,128,507 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't live there either. You can come down south from there a bit and live in Steele Creek. We love it here! I work in Ballantyne and it takes me 15-20 mins at 7:45am. My husband works off of 77 and Arrowwood and he can get to work in about 6 minutes. This side of town is way less crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

257 posts, read 585,899 times
I would rent near Hwy. 51 and Carmel. It's a nice area and right between your jobs. There are a ton of nice apartment complexes in that area.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,666,295 times
Do you have a price range?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:09 PM

87 posts, read 245,220 times
I haven't rented a place in 5 years, but back then location and rental amount were always factors in my decision. Unless you both work in the same area, someone is always going to lose out with commute. Other than the Farmer's Market, Airport, & Renassiance Park I don't think it's an overly desirable location. Is living right next to an Airport ever? Maybe look further down South Tryon/49 heading towards Lake Wylie. You may find prices are comparative and location is just as good to commute from.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:13 PM

109 posts, read 205,585 times
Thanks for all the suggestions. We drove around that area tonight and I didn't like it either. As far as our prince range goes, at the moment, we're looking for something in the $750-950 range. We would be able to afford more but we own our former condo up north and until we find tenants, we're on a tight budget. We're pretty familiar with 51 and the Carmel area and we really like it. We know we like SouthPark, Ballantyne, and the 51/Carmel areas. We're still getting to know our way around so there may be other nice areas that I don't know about.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBartlett View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. We drove around that area tonight and I didn't like it either. As far as our prince range goes, at the moment, we're looking for something in the $750-950 range. We would be able to afford more but we own our former condo up north and until we find tenants, we're on a tight budget. We're pretty familiar with 51 and the Carmel area and we really like it. We know we like SouthPark, Ballantyne, and the 51/Carmel areas. We're still getting to know our way around so there may be other nice areas that I don't know about.
There are gonna be many folks who will say I am full of it, hee hee, b/c I admit - I am rather stuck on S. CLT. But I am thinking if you are comfortable in that area, you really aren't gonna find anything you will like better elsewhere (as far as conveniences, safety, etc).

Have you checked out some of the apartments right around 51 and Carmel? Or off Quail Hollow?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:08 PM

109 posts, read 205,585 times
We're going to look at a couple places this week. It's funny, we've focused so much on Ballantyne and we haven't focused much at all right around where we live. We love Ballantyne but we're open to another area if the rents are a little cheaper.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:13 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBartlett View Post
We're going to look at a couple places this week. It's funny, we've focused so much on Ballantyne and we haven't focused much at all right around where we live. We love Ballantyne but we're open to another area if the rents are a little cheaper.
Yes, good idea to see what else is available w/ possibly lower rent. I am just not sure what the rent ranges are on the ones I pass by frequently.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 PM

129 posts, read 299,374 times
Carmel / Johnson & 51 are good idea, Rea Rd is good too. Cheaper then S. Park but have a little more drive perhaps. I like Rea Rd towards the outskirts of things.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 PM

10 posts, read 15,263 times
That area would not be on my recommendation list, either...it is out near the airport and seems a bit remote. I think people that rent out there most likely travel quite a bit and just need a spot to call home. You are already in the best area (Ballantyne) for what you are describing. If you want more space but do not want to pay a ton, further from the city is best. Southpark is wonderful, but you are going to pay more rent and get less sq footage. There are many, many complexes offering great specials right now in and around Ballantyne. Grab an apartment guide at your local grocery store - there is so much to choose from - and ask for specials!! Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or