Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 AM

348 posts, read 430,344 times

Advertisements

We've seen a few threads from folks talking about how the real estate slow down ("bubble") is trickling to Charlotte. I can safely say from my perspective that this is not the case.

I purchased a house in Marvin that was on the market for exactly 1 day (resale, not a new home), and I just accepted one of the two offers that came in on my existing house in South Charlotte that has been on the market for 29 days (Thank you St. Joseph statue! LOL!).

So, for those naysayers saying that the market is slowing down in Charlotte, I sure as heck haven't seen personal evidence of it. I must have had 100 people come into my house in the month I was on the market. It was like Grand Central Station! LOL!

And believe it or not, the people that are buying my house are moving OUT of Union County, because the commute on Providence Road is killing the wife who is commuting to uptown for work. Go figure!

Now, just keeping my fingers crossed that the deal goes through with no problems (busy saying my novenas...lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
my fingers and toes will be crossed for you as well...as soon as I am done typing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
We've seen a few threads from folks talking about how the real estate slow down ("bubble") is trickling to Charlotte. I can safely say from my perspective that this is not the case.

I purchased a house in Marvin that was on the market for exactly 1 day (resale, not a new home), and I just accepted one of the two offers that came in on my existing house in South Charlotte that has been on the market for 29 days (Thank you St. Joseph statue! LOL!).

So, for those naysayers saying that the market is slowing down in Charlotte, I sure as heck haven't seen personal evidence of it. I must have had 100 people come into my house in the month I was on the market. It was like Grand Central Station! LOL!

And believe it or not, the people that are buying my house are moving OUT of Union County, because the commute on Providence Road is killing the wife who is commuting to uptown for work. Go figure!

Now, just keeping my fingers crossed that the deal goes through with no problems (busy saying my novenas...lol).

Old 04-19-2007, 12:13 PM

876 posts, read 3,793,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
my fingers and toes will be crossed for you as well...as soon as I am done typing this!
wow...toes too? thats dedication!!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:22 PM

204 posts, read 774,244 times
LisaAF-Best of luck on both sides. Question re St. Joseph statue-have heard numerous ways to "plant" it. What did you do? We are lisiting our home in MN and hope for a move to Charlotte area. Thx.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:54 PM

254 posts, read 1,058,006 times
bring some of that luck up here..our house has been on the market for 12 days and we have only had 2 showings

Old 04-19-2007, 02:56 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
The first week or 2 always seem slow for some reason unless your on the lake then they pour in. Seems to be my experience anywho.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM

254 posts, read 1,058,006 times
strangely we had our house on the market for 10 days in sept (job fell through) and had 12 showings during that time..so we are disappointed this time around so far..but we only need 1 buyer right

Old 04-19-2007, 03:09 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,491,452 times
I think it does depend on where you are too.

Dawn

Old 04-19-2007, 03:15 PM

348 posts, read 430,344 times
St. Joseph needs to be buried upside down.

And CharlotteAgent is right--the first two weeks were complete deadsville. And then all of a sudden it was a flood. Easter week is when it all kicked in. On the weekdays we ended up having an average of 4 showings per day, and the weekends it was about 8. I guess once people caught on that we were out there... The virtual tour really sparked a lot of interest for sure.

I'm just happy I can stop being a clean freak. I purposefully left my bed unmade today! :-)

Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 PM

476 posts, read 1,576,050 times
Best of luck on both ends of the buying and selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte