Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 06:14 AM

312 posts, read 865,302 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to NC (Charlotte area) next summer. I have been trying to find a primary care doctor via online for my young adult son so that when we get there he will not be without care for an extended period of time.

I think an MD would be best but will consider Naturopath, DO as well. Right now he sees an MD that deals with things alternatively but uses mainstream medical as well. It has been helpful, he is better than he was but not where he wants to be... Well, he's 24 yrs old now and wants a life.

Anybody have any info that would be helpful?

Will be taking a trip down maybe in the Fall, depending on whether or not he is well enough to travel.

Thanks for all the "virtual" learning here, it's great!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,473,211 times
Hi DiJay,

I don't have any recommendations for you - but perhaps your insurance company can recommend someone in this area? Or, maybe your son's current doctor knows someone here that can make a recommendation?

Good luck.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 AM

58 posts, read 171,246 times
I was diagnosed with Lyme disease a couple years ago by Dr. Babich at Carolina Bone & Joint in Charlotte. I had it for about a year undiagnosed and untreated, so I had to have a picc line put in and had to go on IV antibiotics for about 30 days...now all is good.

I had to go to about 4 or 5 doctors with massive swelling in my knee and every one of them thought it was a ligament injury before I went to see Dr. Babich...he went to med school in CT and I told him I was from CT and he immediately said, "Then I'm willing to bet it's Lyme"...and it was. I don't know if that's exactly who you're looking for, but that's my 2 cents.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 AM

312 posts, read 865,302 times
Thank you for your kind recommendations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: