Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:04 PM

716 posts, read 1,538,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
Well maybe if people would work hard, get an education, and try to better themselves, WM and MCD wouldn't have any perspective employees? But...people would rather have a good time taking the free ride through life. Its even easier when Uncle Sam pays your tool on the road of life.

Blame WM and MCD? No way...blame the morons who put themselves in a position for a McJob life. Life is full of choices. Should we play the blame WM and MCD if people make the wrong choices in life?

Last time I checked this was still the "land of opportunity". If you let the "opportunity" pass you by, that's your own fault. And yes, I will have fries with that!

I agree with you 100% but the point I am trying to make is that when you have these kind of companies that are thriving in an economy like this, chances are the economy is not going to improve any time soon and in fact this is telling me things will get much worse for the years to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM

393 posts, read 1,182,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
chances are the economy is not going to improve any time soon and in fact this is telling me things will get much worse for the years to come.
You got that right...
You have to keep people poor, angry, and dependent on you to get reelected.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:38 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,191,168 times
Ok people, I didn't start this thread to turn into this. If don't like Wallyworld and McDonalds, don't go there and don't respond to this thread period!!

As for me, I enjoy WW and the money it saves me so I can spend it at Southpark Mall.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,512,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok people, I didn't start this thread to turn into this. If don't like Wallyworld and McDonalds, don't go there and don't respond to this thread period!!

As for me, I enjoy WW and the money it saves me so I can spend it at Southpark Mall.
LOL, I didn't know Wally World was supposed to mean Wal Mart. I really thought this was some kind of amusement park or something.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,795,804 times
I went to the Walmart store opening on N Tryon last month.......I should have known better. Every car-park space was filled, then people had just created their own spots on the grass or wherever, plus traffic was 20-30 cars deep back out onto Tryon. No need to rush over there tomorrow......they'll have the same product selection next week.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:24 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,957,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
The one on N. Tryon, I'm sad to say, has already been converted back into it's successor. Same clientele, same employees. To top it off, it seems as though WalMart is trying out a new strategy or something with the store. Far fewer selections of products...wayyy fewer.

There is just a little bit of hope that the Concord WalMart will hold out from becoming a crap hole like a lot of others do.
didn't know that it opened....

Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,641,442 times
Default Bunny Rabbit

Quote:
I agree with you 100% but the point I am trying to make is that when you have these kind of companies that are thriving in an economy like this, chances are the economy is not going to improve any time soon and in fact this is telling me things will get much worse for the years to come.
Hip, hop, over the Political Forum with your bag of jelly beans. THere are ppl.O'thar that will eat all your beans and all your lunch.

You are one crazy, uninformed person.
Not to say we don't lov ya, but........."Did you ever pick your nose in Phila.?"

Old 07-14-2009, 08:11 PM

716 posts, read 1,538,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Hip, hop, over the Political Forum with your bag of jelly beans. THere are ppl.O'thar that will eat all your beans and all your lunch.

You are one crazy, uninformed person.
Not to say we don't lov ya, but........."Did you ever pick your nose in Phila.?"

Arent you the same person who created a random post about a colonoscophy? I mean what does that really have to do with Charlotte? Maybe your the one that should really be posting stuff in other forums? So now were even

Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,355,952 times
Quote:
Arent you the same person who created a random post about a colonoscophy? I mean what does that really have to do with Charlotte? Maybe your the one that should really be posting stuff in other forums? So now were even

You have a redundant login.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:55 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,641,442 times
Quote:
Arent you the same person who created a random post about a colonoscophy? I mean what does that really have to do with Charlotte?
Aren't you being very anal about my choice of subject matters?
Guess you're still trying to figure out the exchange rate of the DOP. If You have any problems with the higher math, I'll dumb it down for ya.

Let me know if I can help,
j
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte