Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:01 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Hey guys I need some help here. This lady has not gotten ONE of my sly remarks (AKA jokes) in two weeks.

The reason why I don't get your jokes is because I don't joke. I tend to stay far away from people who joke. I dunno what it is. I worked with a couple of older guys who joked alot and alot of the stuff wasnt funny at all. I faked laughed many times. People who joke always try to fit in it seems but joking doesn't appeal to me at all, sorry. I mean you may be a cool dude n all but I guess im more of a serious person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 06:18 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Hey guys I need some help here. This lady has not gotten ONE of my sly remarks (AKA jokes) in two weeks. What am I going to do w/her? Suggestions please!!! I can't sleep at nite thinking about it. I mean I give her the line "you're being anal here" (colon exam) and she comes back with "weren't you being anal" see above. Hello, anybody home???

Need help real bad. Extra pitcher of beer at the CD re-union to person that gives me the best idea to solving my problem of "Sleepless in NYC"

Hey, here's an idea. I give her a pitcher of beer?
If it helps any, I thought they were funny! Has anyone been to the new place yet and is it significantly different than any other WalMart?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I went yesterday and it was jamming of course! It's much wider and britghter in there. Plus the layout is different.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:35 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
Himain, different than a typical WalMart...or different than the N. Tryon new one? Have you been to the other new one? It's certainly "different" than any others.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I went yesterday and it was jamming of course! It's much wider and britghter in there. Plus the layout is different.
The new stores feel much wider than the old/existing stores because they are no longer putting those pallet displays down the center aisle. Walmart are going for a more 'clean' and uncluttered look. Eventually they will remove these from all stores.

Now let's just hope that they can keep their shelves stocked without the support of those displays......you could lay-down on the shelves in some stores due to poor inventory control.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:29 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Default OK, I'll bite.

I don't have a clue as to why the opening of a Walmart is exciting or a matter of importance. Not to say it isn't, but I don't get it.What is it about me that I feel so left out, feelings of a void in my life? Maybe, it was something my mother did? Certaintly my grade school teachers did not give me a sense of enlightment. So where did I go wrong? What fork in the road did I take that took me away from the" Lights of WM". Those bright lights that shine like a beacon in the nite where one can buy night crawlers for tomorrow's trout fishing? Or touch lamps to keep the skeeters away that will set the dresses of all your guests on fire? Tell me. . where did I miss it.?

Now, you guys think I kidding around. I'm not. I would be honored if some good soul would take me by the hand and guide my through this mystical experience. I mean, by the hand, face to face in the glaring lights. I want the TOTAL experience! Pls. no first time or non-seasoned vets of Wally World need apply.

TIA to all that are considering this mission,
je

Old 07-16-2009, 08:22 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
I don't have a clue as to why the opening of a Walmart is exciting or a matter of importance. Not to say it isn't, but I don't get it.What is it about me that I feel so left out, feelings of a void in my life? Maybe, it was something my mother did? Certaintly my grade school teachers did not give me a sense of enlightment. So where did I go wrong? What fork in the road did I take that took me away from the" Lights of WM". Those bright lights that shine like a beacon in the nite where one can buy night crawlers for tomorrow's trout fishing? Or touch lamps to keep the skeeters away that will set the dresses of all your guests on fire? Tell me. . where did I miss it.?

Now, you guys think I kidding around. I'm not. I would be honored if some good soul would take me by the hand and guide my through this mystical experience. I mean, by the hand, face to face in the glaring lights. I want the TOTAL experience! Pls. no first time or non-seasoned vets of Wally World need apply.

TIA to all that are considering this mission,
je
LULZ. That is too dangerous of a mission for me to undertake! The best experience I ever had at WalMart was watching an old lady loudly berate her child in public for wetting the bed. I wanted to walk up to her and ask if she ever saw the movie Red Dragon.

I will say this for WalMart, I bought some cheap T-Shirts there to wear when exercising or relaxing at the house. They were 6 bucks a piece and I bought them 9 years ago. They are still wearable and in fine condition. I guarantee they are the only clothes I have ever had for that long.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
John,

Wally World...or, specifically, SUPER Wally World is significant because the grocery prices are SO MUCH cheaper. There are a ton of arguments against Wally World, I have heard them all...my tree-hugger son is adamantly against anything Walmart (including Sam's Club). However, in particular in this day and time...price trumps argument.

I am a very conservative shopper. Aldi is my favourite grocery store. But, the Super Walmart really beats Aldi prices in many things. The fact that there are two that have opened within 20 miles really should have the other grocery stores shaking in their collective boots as sales will surely suffer.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:33 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
OK now I understand it a bit better. I did not knowthey sold "food products"

Old 07-17-2009, 08:47 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Yes, John, Super WW is a full service grocery store that's much cheaper than anything out there. Trust me, when I first moved up here I was bored and decided to go to HT and shop. I then took the list and bought the same things at WW. I had a difference of $30 from HT to WW!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte