U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM

510 posts, read 1,840,537 times

Advertisements

I went to the Concord Mills Walmart yesterday (Thursday) and I found it very different from the N. Tryon (especially the shoppers and employees). Seems to be the same layout as the NT one (food on left, household on right, electronics back middle), it also tells you on the front of the building which side you are walking into, the one NT does not. I also like the sitting area between the two entrances with the American Flags. Just seemed more open, bright (skylights). A much more pleasureable trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,077,687 times
Do they have Count Chocula? The only place I have seen it in several years is at a Super WalMart in Rocky Mount, VA.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:21 AM

510 posts, read 1,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Do they have Count Chocula? The only place I have seen it in several years is at a Super WalMart in Rocky Mount, VA.
Not sure about Count Chocula, but a very good variety of ice cream, and frozen yogurt which if really love, but most local grocery stores don't carry a very large variety.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 PM

82 posts, read 199,921 times
My husband and I checked out the new Walmart yesterday and were amazed at how different it was inside...unlike any other Walmart we'd seen. I liked how clean it was (naturally, because it's new) but didn't like the layout. Especially on the grocery side, we found that the non-uniform rows made it easy to miss an entire section. I like the simplicity of going up and down the aisles, not having to jut out to the side and then back to pick up where I left off.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 AM

11 posts, read 43,825 times
Default Thoughts...

When I first moved here about five years ago, I used to go to University WalMart all the time...I was so naive I even went at night (Wasn't it open twenty-four hours then???)! Then I moved, and we started going to the nearest super center, the one on twenty-nine.

I was excited when I learned that CM would have a WalMart because the University WalMart was so ghetto I needed to have a handgun hidden in my pants not to mention a jack hammer to clean the sinks in the bathrooms before washing my hands.

The the faces of poverty are the shoppers at the one on twenty-nine not to mention the fact that most of the shoppers would be taken away if there were an immigration raid (seriously; don't mean it in the way some people will take it).

I really hope this one will stay clean, stocked, and that the people will be clean also!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 AM

246 posts, read 502,338 times
The wife and I went to the one in Concord Mills last night. It was great, although I agree that the layout is very different. Still, the signage is better than "old" Wal-Marts, the aisles are nice and wide (although people still find ways to block them), and despite being fairly busy, checkout time was as good or better than the Harris Teeter.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,643,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
If your definition of 'higher-end' refers to the average household income of their average customer, then yes, you are correct. In fact, it'll be 'soccer mom hell' (or heaven, depending on your slant )

As far as 'higher-end' in terms of product mix, I don't think there will be much difference (even though Walmart do alter their mix slightly, depending on which community they are in)

I think you are right, the WalMart in Tega Cay is nearly identical to the one in West Charlotte (Wilkinson Blvd). Yes I've been there and came out unscathed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte