U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 PM

10,806 posts, read 11,521,054 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else excited? I am!! (paper money restling noises in the background)

Does this count as supporting the economy???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM

122 posts, read 160,779 times
Is it in Concord Mills or the one that is going to be on Derita Rd? There is also a new one on N. Tryon, has anyone been in that one?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM

10,806 posts, read 11,521,054 times
Concord Mills/Derita rd-Same thing. I haven't been to the one on Tryon as its not near my house.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM

1,894 posts, read 3,950,664 times
The one on N. Tryon, I'm sad to say, has already been converted back into it's successor. Same clientele, same employees. To top it off, it seems as though WalMart is trying out a new strategy or something with the store. Far fewer selections of products...wayyy fewer.

There is just a little bit of hope that the Concord WalMart will hold out from becoming a crap hole like a lot of others do.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:31 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,149,247 times
Break out the Wagon Queen Family Truckster! It's time to go on a Holiday Road!

Who's the moosiest moose we know?

Marty Moose!
Who's the star of our favorite show?
Marty Moose!
M is for Merry, we're merry you see;
O is for Oh gosh, Oh golly, Oh gee;
S is for Super Swell family glee;
E is for Everything you want to be.
M - A - R - T - Y;
M - O - O - S - E.
What's that spell?
Marty Moose!
Marty Moose!
Marty Moose!
(Hyuk), that's me!

Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 PM

717 posts, read 920,829 times
[quote=himain;9758885

Does this count as supporting the economy??? [/quote]

When you have companies like Walmart and McDonalds opening up new locations and hiring people for low wages, this is a true indication of where our country is going. Im telling everyone to wake up and look at the current events. Just remember current events form future trends. I have a feeling that America will never be the way it was.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
..I have a feeling that America will never be the way it was.
It's not already. No need to wait and find out. Just look outside right here today!

Why do you think I just bought the Band of Brothers DVD's last month? To show my kid how people used to be!

Old 07-14-2009, 12:46 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,149,247 times
Quote:
When you have companies like Walmart and McDonalds opening up new locations and hiring people for low wages, this is a true indication of where our country is going. Im telling everyone to wake up and look at the current events. Just remember current events form future trends. I have a feeling that America will never be the way it was.
Ya and all the low wage places will test for drugs!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM

393 posts, read 740,321 times
Quote:
Well maybe if people would work hard, get an education, and try to better themselves, WM and MCD wouldn't have any perspective employees? But...people would rather have a good time taking the free ride through life. Its even easier when Uncle Sam pays your tool on the road of life.

Blame WM and MCD? No way...blame the morons who put themselves in a position for a McJob life. Life is full of choices. Should we play the blame WM and MCD if people make the wrong choices in life?

Last time I checked this was still the "land of opportunity". If you let the "opportunity" pass you by, that's your own fault. And yes, I will have fries with that!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:58 PM

WalMart and McDonald's are supposed to be starter jobs that few progress into and become managers. that's it. Nothing more. As uber said, it's the people who shoot only as high as front end money taker at a WalMart for their highest potential in life that bring themselves down. As far as bringing the whole country down? Nah. There are still plenty of teachers, engineers, lawyers, doctors, bankers, and yes, even construction workers right here in America. We'll be ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte