Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 PM

16 posts, read 44,054 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a relocation to Charlotte in a few months and I'd like to rent a home in the Concord historic district. Anyone know if homes are typically available for rent there or if there is a good website I can check for rentals in that area?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 12:50 AM

11 posts, read 48,541 times
About three weeks ago, I drove all the way down Union Street, and I noticed something that I'd never noticed before. There were between ten to fifteen houses for sale...very strange...One thing that I don't like about that area is that there are some "undesirable" areas just a street or two away...Just a thought...Most people don't want to talk about it, but it's true.

The homes, on the other hand, are beautiful.

Here's a site that you may find helpful:
Residents of Historic Concord, Concord, NC

Old 07-20-2009, 06:49 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
About a year ago I saw a lovely old home for rent in that district. I found it on Craigslist.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,069 times
The wife and I will be in the Concord area this weekend. Anyone have any address to any streets or houses that we should check out? I am not looking to buy but would like to see Historic Concord.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
The wife and I will be in the Concord area this weekend. Anyone have any address to any streets or houses that we should check out? I am not looking to buy but would like to see Historic Concord.
I like this one:
86 NW Spring St, Concord NC 28025 (Historic District Subdivision) MLS # 876339 - Allen Tate Real Estate (http://www.allentate.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?pageid=11&pagealias=ListingDet ail&ListingID=1604835&Region=CMLS&ListingPosition= 268&From=Full - broken link)

Plan to drive down Union, W. Cabarrus Ave and Spring Steet.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:24 PM

80 posts, read 238,949 times
Wow!
I've lived in downtown Concord for 2 years and I have a totally different experience from living here than the previous angry poster.
Downtown is a diverse place-some of my neighbors have families with young children, some are retired, some are young professionals moving in and re-doing their homes. I haven't met one single Bible thumping, hillbilly since I've been here....
We must have run in different circles...

Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM

80 posts, read 238,949 times
Price999 just come and drive around for awhile...you will see what downtown is really like please don't take one angry posters comments seriously. Just come and evalute for yourself. I will say this...I have yet to see any homes stay on the market long here(except the super expensive mansions on Union) and homes don't really go for sale often where I'm at off of S. Union...people just don't want to move from here...check it out for yourself..

Old 08-19-2009, 11:55 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
i have lived her for 31 years , perhaps longer than you are old? the only place i have ever known in the usa.
i love nc and always have. and on top of that i am enmorously happy !!!! every day of the week.
i don't look at nc with rose colored glasses,
pinpin stated that their experience with concord was that it is a hick town , perhaps a better way would have been to say it is very countryfied?
it is what it is, but pinpin had a right to state his opinion. just like you.

you see this whole attitude that people [ yankees and left coasters] are coming here to ruin "our" place is EXCACTLY what makes people feel like they are in a hick kind of place.
for goodness sake , concord just recently caught on to liquour by the drink , that says something about the place?

bottom line , different strokes for different folks ,
so true , however if one does not hear both sides of the coin, how can one decide?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
i have lived her for 31 years , perhaps longer than you are old? the only place i have ever known in the usa.
i love nc and always have. and on top of that i am enmorously happy !!!! every day of the week.
i don't look at nc with rose colored glasses,
pinpin stated that their experience with concord was that it is a hick town , perhaps a better way would have been to say it is very countryfied?
it is what it is, but pinpin had a right to state his opinion. just like you.

you see this whole attitude that people [ yankees and left coasters] are coming here to ruin "our" place is EXCACTLY what makes people feel like they are in a hick kind of place.
for goodness sake , concord just recently caught on to liquour by the drink , that says something about the place?

bottom line , different strokes for different folks ,
so true , however if one does not hear both sides of the coin, how can one decide?

Ah, to be 31 again On second thought, life really began at 40, so I'll stick with all the 50 years of wisdom I've amassed.

I agree that folks must have as much info as possible to make an informed choice about where to live, and therefore all points of view are encouraged here.

HOWEVER, there is a big difference between offering real information versus ragging on an area and its people. Pinpin has continued to post in an ugly, angry way about a place that obviously wasn't for her, we got that the first post she made. But her insistence on continuing to do so has veered off the informational track to simply being rude.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:20 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
oh i agree , life did begin at 40!
i also have amassed 50+ years wisdom. what to do with it ?
[notice i did not claim to have been born here.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte