Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:18 PM

8 posts, read 29,327 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live in Harrisburg and it will be a year in a few days. We love it here. I have two daughters in the schools. There are 2 elementaries - Harrisburg and Rocky River. Rocky River is actually in Concord but our subdivision uses it. The middle school is C.C. Griffin and my one daughter is in there now and she loves it. It is a great school. They are opening a new High school in Aug. and that will be on Hickory Ridge (that's also the name of the school). That will serve I think all of Harrisburg. The other hs is Central Cabarrus. My younger daughter is in Rocky River. I think that is a great school also. The staff is great and they are both beautiful new schools.
I hope this helps, let us know where you decide to move to.
Good luck,
Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 04:24 PM
ny4 ny4 started this thread

67 posts, read 235,706 times
Susie Q67

Hey thanks. Was hoping someone new to Harrisburg would give me some info!
Planning on visiting first week of May to look around. What community do you live in? I will be looking at about 5 when we get there....

Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM

8 posts, read 29,327 times
We are in Canterfield. Its a Ryland, Mercedes and Eastwood home builders. Just Ryland and Mercedes is left open though. It is very nice here and family oriented and diverse community.
Sue

Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 PM

191 posts, read 235,934 times
Harrisburg used to be such a nice place to live.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 AM

It used to be? Should I take that as it is now "not a nice place to live?"
Would you mind very much elaborating?

Old 04-28-2007, 11:01 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Red face Harrisburg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny4 View Post
It used to be? Should I take that as it is now "not a nice place to live?"
Would you mind very much elaborating?
I have a friend that's not very happy there and I've posted this many times. She said that although there's a mixture of races in her community, they do not mix.

She's also concerned about the water in the area. The City is drilling for it because they don't have enough to sustain the area. Also, she has sand in her dishwasher. I would hate paying for that!

She also has problems with race weeks traffic and now doesn't like the noise of the raceways, when she thought it was cool when they moved in, big NASCAR fans. There's a difference about thought and actually trying to put your children to bed! Sat. and holidays are horrible traffic around Concord Mills Mall.

We looked over that way and didn't like it. I hope you find what you're looking for...

Old 04-29-2007, 08:30 AM

Hey Niknaxx..thanks for your input. Do you know which community your friend lives in? That would be helpful..

Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Red face Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny4 View Post
Hey Niknaxx..thanks for your input. Do you know which community your friend lives in? That would be helpful..
I sent you a PM...

Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Default Cabarrus Arena

Had the opportunity to drive through Harrisburg/Concord this past weekend. Attended the Girl Scout Camporee at the Cabarrus Arena (almost 1,000 people camping out on the grounds!) I found it just beautiful out there. Still some green rolling hills. Looks like some fun things happening at the Cabarrus Arena. Nice facility...

Cabarrus Arena
http://www.cabarrusarena.com/

Old 05-05-2007, 08:13 PM

12 posts, read 56,666 times
We have been looking in the Charlotte area since January and have finally settled on Harrisburg. We were originally looking in Harrisburg, but then settled on Union County (Hunter Oaks subdivision). But then we found a last minute opportunity in Magnolia Springs TODAY. We're going to present a contract tomorrow and seal the deal. I'll report what happens...

Stacy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte