U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 PM

358 posts, read 475,461 times

Advertisements

I am wondering for those of you experienced with home purchasing in NC. This will be my first home purchase and my loan officer is trying to get verification of rental from where I'm renting now. But, they will NOT provide the info until after I submit the notice that we are leaving....but I have not submitted this in case something would fall through with the home purchase.

Any ideas? Is this legal that they will NOT provide this info? I spoke with a lady at the complex today over the phone and she told me that they needed the notice before they would fax the info to my loan officer. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM
CA2

18 posts, read 51,310 times
Tell her to cough it up or if you pay by check show canceled checks. Also you could possibly show it on your bank statements.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,130,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trckn4life View Post
I am wondering for those of you experienced with home purchasing in NC. This will be my first home purchase and my loan officer is trying to get verification of rental from where I'm renting now. But, they will NOT provide the info until after I submit the notice that we are leaving....but I have not submitted this in case something would fall through with the home purchase.

Any ideas? Is this legal that they will NOT provide this info? I spoke with a lady at the complex today over the phone and she told me that they needed the notice before they would fax the info to my loan officer. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated.
They are not required to complete that info, but, it is bad customer service not to. If you have 12 months cancelled checks, that should suffice for your lender. Just advise the lender that the complex refuses to complete the VOR.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:57 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,172,097 times
Okay, that is just plain odd. What is her problem? Why on earth would she require that you submit notice to vacate? The only other tactic would be to have the loan officer call her and see if he/she can get more assistance. This woman just sounds plain old lazy to me.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was odd too. I mean either way we were planning on paying through the end of our contract (up in mid Oct). But, it kinda makes it tough to move out and plan it if you need to submit that you are leaving before the rest is in stone. Luckily I did pay by check for this sort of reason. I can pull up that info but I didn't think they would be this difficult about it. I even explained why I had not put in the notice first as I wanted to be sure not to put it in until the home purchase goes through completely.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trckn4life View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was odd too. I mean either way we were planning on paying through the end of our contract (up in mid Oct). But, it kinda makes it tough to move out and plan it if you need to submit that you are leaving before the rest is in stone. Luckily I did pay by check for this sort of reason. I can pull up that info but I didn't think they would be this difficult about it. I even explained why I had not put in the notice first as I wanted to be sure not to put it in until the home purchase goes through completely.
You are very wise for doing it this way. I think this is ridiculous and too bad you are having to deal w/ such uncooperative people. BTW - good luck with the purchase of your first home!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay, that is just plain odd. What is her problem? Why on earth would she require that you submit notice to vacate? The only other tactic would be to have the loan officer call her and see if he/she can get more assistance. This woman just sounds plain old lazy to me.
They would not give any info to the loan officer. Privacy act.

she obviously is struggling with a high vacancy rate. She is trying to keep the residents intact but is cutting her own throat in the process.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2 View Post
Tell her to cough it up or if you pay by check show canceled checks. Also you could possibly show it on your bank statements.
bank statements will not work as they do not identify to whom the check or amount of money was paid.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
They would not give any info to the loan officer. Privacy act.

she obviously is struggling with a high vacancy rate. She is trying to keep the residents intact but is cutting her own throat in the process.
You can get around any sort of privacy act regs by writing a letter to both parties stating you have given party A the right to gather information from party B on your behalf . . . or at least, that is certainly what I have done.

I don't see how being uncooperative with someone who is buying a home would keep tenants in place longer in an apartment. If they are gonna leave, they are gonna leave . . . giving notice today or 90 days from now should mean nothing as far as renting that apartment again. If the person breaks the terms of the lease now or later, either way they are liable for penalties (in accordance w/ the terms of their lease). So if this woman somehow thinks she is stonewalling in order to get an additional month's rent . . . it seems pointless to me.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the help....my fiance spoke with mgmt today and I think it is semi straightened out (well since we are putting in more than 60 days notice it is not official until it hits 60 days)...and we will know what is going on by then. Still seems like a crappy policy from my complex to lock you into those last two months. Ah well...we were planning on finishing out the rental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte