Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 PM

431 posts, read 1,663,285 times

Advertisements

Whats the story with this part of Charlotte. I hear its paradise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2006, 09:01 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,188,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U120
Whats the story with this part of Charlotte. I hear its paradise

Paradise is in the eye beholder...what I mean by that is...it just depends on what you are looking for. Ballantyne (South Charlotte) is all realatively new...due to the fact that this land use to be a private hunting reserve (apx. 2,000 acres). I am over in this area about once a week...and each time I drive through it...I am amazed of what news things have popped up. The location lends itself well to places of employment and communters (although the 485 bears the brunt...along with several other surface roads in the area). The schools are within the CMS system (?). If you happen to be looking for rather upscale, nice/big manicured homes, that includes loads of retail, restaurants, even a resort (Ballantyne Resort) then this could be you...or someone else's form of paradise...on the other hand if you are looking for an older, rather quaint town with not as many amenities then this will not fit the bill.

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 07-11-2006 at 09:03 AM..

Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,521,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
Paradise is in the eye beholder...what I mean by that is...it just depends on what you are looking for. Ballantyne (South Charlotte) is all realatively new...due to the fact that this land use to be a private hunting reserve (apx. 2,000 acres). I am over in this area about once a week...and each time I drive through it...I am amazed of what news things have popped up. The location lends itself well to places of employment and communters (although the 485 bears the brunt...along with several other surface roads in the area). The schools are within the CMS system (?). If you happen to be looking for rather upscale, nice/big manicured homes, that includes loads of retail, restaurants, even a resort (Ballantyne Resort) then this could be you...or someone else's form of paradise...on the other hand if you are looking for an older, rather quaint town with not as many amenities then this will not fit the bill.
I agree, Ballantyne is nice- but in a wierd way, IMO, it's to nice? I know it sounds strange. If I had to live there though it wouldn't be the worst thing

I hear a lot of professional Carolina atheletes (Panthers, Bobcats) live in Ballantyne.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:09 PM

431 posts, read 1,663,285 times
Thanks for the replys. I am currently living on Long Island and am considering relocating my family to NC.

I visited in April and stayed in Pineville. We kinda narrowed our search to Union County more specifically Weddington.

I was wondering If you guys think that the Ballantyne environment will work its way South to Union County? or will Union remain wooded and private?

Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,455,687 times
Paradise is the Lake Norman area for me. LOL

I love it!

Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U120
Thanks for the replys. I am currently living on Long Island and am considering relocating my family to NC.

I visited in April and stayed in Pineville. We kinda narrowed our search to Union County more specifically Weddington.

I was wondering If you guys think that the Ballantyne environment will work its way South to Union County? or will Union remain wooded and private?

I don't think Union county will ever take on the same appearance as the Ballantyne area...due to the fact that Ballantyne was/is a master planned area/community (and all new). I do think the areas of Weddington and Waxhaw are very nice...while you still have a mix of the old with the new. In answer to your question will Union County remain wooded and private....no...to much new growth for that to happen (but will it stay nice...I think so). If you are looking for an area to stay wooded and private...my suggestion would be to drive about an hour in any direction away from Charlotte (of course this will also diminish employment prospects as well)

Old 07-11-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700

I love it!

man oh man...your just like a young school girl falling hopelessly in love for the first time! Good for you! (I'm very happy for ya)

Old 07-11-2006, 11:28 PM

170 posts, read 565,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700

I love it!

You're so funny, I hope we feel the same way when we get there!

Old 07-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
man oh man...your just like a young school girl falling hopelessly in love for the first time! Good for you! (I'm very happy for ya)

I know it's so weird, isn't it? I can't wait to get a boat and get out there.

Hey I've been in the desert too long my brain is fried.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys
You're so funny, I hope we feel the same way when we get there!

Oh gosh I'll be embarrased if everyone goes and hates it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte