Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,052 times

Advertisements

same here, Hickory NC, just as bad...

Dental Works had a big flyer campaign which went on for weeks to months, glossy full sheet advertising free whitening for life if you signed on and free initial exam for new patients...

now knowing I don't have insurance, most of the cost is going to be work not initial exam...

if they don't want to shoulder the cost they advertise then don't offer it, plenty of local dentists don't offer such campaigns... and dont waste money on endless flyers

I call, tell them I have the flyer, and set up appt for the new patient exam and reiterate that it says it is free. Then i get there, sign all paperwork, and prepare to wait.. the girl says, "so you know your charges will be 140.XXX.+."

I said, "No, it says free initial exam and assessment for new patients which is the only thing I set up the appointment for"..

she says, oh that ended a few days ago...

I said, No, that was all agreed upon when the appointment was set two weeks ago... no one said a thing about the offer expiring by the time the appointment was set...

so she disappears and says okay, we will honor it... then finishes some more paperwork...

then, right as I am about to sit down to wait again, says okay so that will put the total at 84.00, right after agrreeing to honor the flyer

I said, No, no one said anything about 80 bucks, she says thats for cancer screening and oral such and such...

I said no...

She goes oh, okay, well we can do it without those, but that will ut the cost at 24.00 such and such

I said "How about I do without you people. If you can't live up to your advertising that's your problem" and left.

Scummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM

65 posts, read 174,986 times
Glad to hear it wasn't just me. I had been going to my former dentist for years with not much more than the bi-annual cleanings. Then our insurance changed and we had to find a new dentist and ended up at Dental Works at Carmel/Hwy 51.

After about 18 months and draining my HSA as well as considerable out of pocket expenses, I finally had enough and switched to Blakeney Dental Associates,. And what do you know! My mouth has miraculously gotten healthier since I switched and I won't go broke!

What a rip off!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:15 AM

643 posts, read 1,149,237 times
Thanks, everyone, for posting this. As someone who'll be looking for a dentist in the area, this is vital information.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM

689 posts, read 1,647,618 times
These are some scary stories! I just don't get how companies are able to get away with this kind of thing!

Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,366 times
I am currently looking for a dentist and saw Dentalworks advertised on TV. Glad I read these reviews-I'll be staying away.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:31 PM

26 posts, read 41,936 times
Dental works is nothing but a bunch of con artists.......google dentists drilling for cash...the link should appear on the first page.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,154,704 times
Go here. None of that nonsense: Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney - Charlotte Cosmetic Dentist, Sedation Dentistry Charlotte, Charlotte Dental Implants

Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 PM

469 posts, read 886,483 times
I go to McKee Dental - it's in Matthews near the Siskey Y Mckee Dental A Matthews, NC Dentist - McKeeDental. I like them and I don't think I've ever had to pay anything. There's never anything I would consider to be unnecessary, although they have mentioned that I might consider braces for my daughter and they do braces. Her teeth are very straight, but her bite is off. I can actually see what they're talking about, but so far, I'm not going for the braces because my daughter doesn't take care of her teeth well enough. It was 2 years ago that they first mentioned it, and they don't pressure me. In fact, the really don't even mention it. The only mention I got at the last appointment was when they said - we don't need to see her again until her next cleaning unless you decide you want to do the orthodontics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte