U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-19-2009, 02:18 PM

3 posts, read 1,641 times
Default North Carolina Dance Theater...Where exactly is it?

Hello! My family just moved here about 4 weeks ago. We live in Mint Hill in a neighborhood across the street from Arlington Baptist Church...I'm not sure if that gives you a good idea of where we are though...My daughter takes ballet and jazz and we really would like for her to train at NCDT because they have a pre-pro program....mapquest says its 24 minutes away google 26........its not too bad but does anyone have an idea if these estimated times are correct? And also the address is something like 222 east 22 st...so it sounds like its in the city but i don't know if I want to drive into the city...is it in the city and how long do you think it will take to get there? Thanks so much!

Straight to the Pointe

By the way we absolutely love it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-19-2009, 02:20 PM

42,256 posts, read 49,050,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by righttothepointe View Post
Hello! My family just moved here about 4 weeks ago. We live in Mint Hill in a neighborhood across the street from Arlington Baptist Church...I'm not sure if that gives you a good idea of where we are though...My daughter takes ballet and jazz and we really would like for her to train at NCDT because they have a pre-pro program....mapquest says its 24 minutes away google 26........its not too bad but does anyone have an idea if these estimated times are correct? And also the address is something like 222 east 22 st...so it sounds like its in the city but i don't know if I want to drive into the city...is it in the city and how long do you think it will take to get there? Thanks so much!

Straight to the Pointe

By the way we absolutely love it here!
NC Dance Theatre is in area north of uptown Charlotte known as NoDa - from your location better give yourself 35-40 minutes at least.

From your location I would suggest Albemarle Rd to WT Harris, then Harris to a left on The Plaza, you would not ever actually have to drive into uptown at all. And welcome to Charlotte! I love your neighborhood

North Carolina Dance Theatre

Last edited by lovesMountains; 07-19-2009 at 02:35 PM..

Unread 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM

Wow okay so they were both really wrong...okay now i believe the theater and school are two different addresses
Here is the schools address 2424 N Davidson St, Charlotte -
Wow this is really dissapointing if its that far away.......now this address i just gave you is that still 30-40 minutes

Also do you know much about Sullivan Dance Centre? How far away would that be Mapquest says 20 minutes but they were wrong about ncdt so....

Just looked up that davidson address on my gps which has always proven to be quite accurate and it said 24 minutes...your thoughts?

Thanks so much I really appreciate it

Straight to the Pointe

Last edited by righttothepointe; 07-19-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Unread 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM

42,256 posts, read 49,050,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by righttothepointe View Post
Wow okay so they were both really wrong...okay now i believe the theater and school are two different addresses
Here is the schools address 2424 N Davidson St, Charlotte -
Wow this is really dissapointing if its that far away.......now this address i just gave you is that still 30-40 minutes

Also do you know much about Sullivan Dance Centre? How far away would that be Mapquest says 20 minutes but they were wrong about ncdt so....

Just looked up that davidson address on my gps which has always proven to be quite accurate and it said 24 minutes...your thoughts?

Thanks so much I really appreciate it

Straight to the Pointe
The milage you are getting on google or gps is accurate, but they don't seem to take into account the travel time in traffic. I'm assuming you'll be taking your daughter there on weekdays after school? If so, you have to allow time for getting thru all the cars on the road and all the redlights. I think 30 minutes is about what it would take from your home.

North Davidson IS NoDa - the school and theater appear to each face a different street near the corner of 28th and N. Davidson - it's the same place though.

Unread 07-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Yes I will be taking her for a 7 30 class every day...whoops i didnt realize noda was north davidson! Sorry! Im still trying to figure stuff out! Well I guess I will try the drive several times and see what its like..Thanks for all your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte