Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
The restaurant has girls in micro-kilts & push up bras with little white tops serving food. You know dressed like school girls. When I eat at a place like that I want to see a good looking girl serving me not a muffin. If she had been a good server I could've overlooked her belly. But when she leaned over the table to take our order it took attention away from her boobs.
LOL

'Owl, we *definitely* need to have a beer sometime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 AM

5,293 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LOL

'Owl, we *definitely* need to have a beer sometime!
I've definitely heard some good things about the eye candy there....as well as the food and beer...and the pool tables...I'd definitely go there to meet up w/ some people.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 AM

457 posts, read 1,376,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I've definitely heard some good things about the eye candy there....as well as the food and beer...and the pool tables...I'd definitely go there to meet up w/ some people.
How about our next CD meet-up?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:37 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
How about our next CD meet-up?
That sounds like a plan!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
?? did i miss the joke?
Irish people are not traditionally big eaters. May have something to do with the fact that we were starving for the most part until about 60 years ago. Even the stuff that is traditional -- with the exception of soda bread (which, btw, the stuff you get at HT in March is not -- is greasy and bland...A traditional Irish breakfast, which you can get a Rira whenever it reopens (beans, blood pudding, eggs, Irish bacon which chewy and 80% fat) isn't exactly "cuisine." This is why there are so many Indian, Italian and Chinese restaurants in Dublin.

I would say the only authentic Irish bars in this town where you can get served by someone with a brouge are Rira and Connely's on Fifth. This place is a kitchy chain using the whole generic "Celtic" thing for marketing.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I was at Rirah a few years ago for St. Paddy's Day. I never thought I would like blood pudding but I thought it was good.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
traditional Irish food!! LOL
I love Ireland, but I didn't really know there was a specific"Irish food", and I have been there. I know that they are known for their delicious chips, but after eating a ton of them, I only find them on par with U.K. countries.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:35 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Irish people are not traditionally big eaters. May have something to do with the fact that we were starving for the most part until about 60 years ago. Even the stuff that is traditional -- with the exception of soda bread (which, btw, the stuff you get at HT in March is not -- is greasy and bland...A traditional Irish breakfast, which you can get a Rira whenever it reopens (beans, blood pudding, eggs, Irish bacon which chewy and 80% fat) isn't exactly "cuisine." This is why there are so many Indian, Italian and Chinese restaurants in Dublin.

I would say the only authentic Irish bars in this town where you can get served by someone with a brouge are Rira and Connely's on Fifth. This place is a kitchy chain using the whole generic "Celtic" thing for marketing.

hmmm...stew, colcannon, fish, breads and cheeses...maybe you just don't like actual Irish food? I know it would be difficult to have a restaurant with widespread appeal with only "Irish" foods since they are simple, whole foods (and most people go to restaurants to eat crap), but they could have more than just fish and chips on their menu. I believe I also said something about it being a crappy chain. BTW, are you Irish? My husband's grandma is from Inishturk, if you are familiar.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:00 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,320,381 times
My wife doesnt understand why we guys would want to look at eye candy while we are eating. I say why not? The best place I have ever been to eat with nice Eye Candy was Bone Daddy's outside Dallas, TX. The women were fine and the food was awesome.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:53 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
My wife doesnt understand why we guys would want to look at eye candy while we are eating. I say why not? The best place I have ever been to eat with nice Eye Candy was Bone Daddy's outside Dallas, TX. The women were fine and the food was awesome.
If there was a place that had a bunch of good looking guys as servers, she'd change her tune in a second like most women...I mean lets be honest...

They SHOULD make a place like that for the ladies...why not? We have hooters, tilted kilt, and the best out of all of them IRON THUNDER in Concord.....good lord
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte