Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 AM

9 posts, read 32,978 times

Advertisements

As an older, single gentleman, with Northern attitudes and a “pretty good” education, searching for female friends in Charlotte has been a challenge. Singles bars and computer dating don't seem to work. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:25 AM

478 posts, read 2,042,920 times
Meet ups are one way to go.

If it goes badly, Charlotte's big enough you shouldn't run into 'those people from the Meet Up' again. Sometimes that doesn't work so well with the local church.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/nc/charlotte/

Craig's List has social opportunities, too via 'Groups'. Or Personal Listings but I can't vouch for any of those. I see Creative Loafing (Charlotte) has a Personals section as well.

Good luck! No one should be lonely with all these people on the planet. Holding a good thought for you.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:33 AM

549 posts, read 2,380,456 times
What type of girls ar you looking for? Once you know what you prefer then you can frequent the places those kind of girls go.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:50 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,782,593 times
Have you tried eharmony.com? I know people that have been very successful with it!!! Online dating doesn't have the stigma that it used to, and some friends of mine have had great luck!!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 PM

9 posts, read 32,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
What type of girls ar you looking for? Once you know what you prefer then you can frequent the places those kind of girls go.
It is hard to find professional career women because of their work. They tend to stay invisible; the library and the bookstore the best places I have found and it is a rare find. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:45 PM

227 posts, read 291,223 times
New wardrobe perhaps?? j/k (i think)

Old 04-09-2007, 09:39 PM

549 posts, read 2,380,456 times
Not all working girls are lowprofile bookworks. Sometimes it´s hard to go up to a lady and spark a conversation. As long as you keep the aproach classy. Yet I say give it a try the worst thing she can say is No and then you move on.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,322,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCC View Post
As an older, single gentleman, with Northern attitudes and a “pretty good” education, searching for female friends in Charlotte has been a challenge. Singles bars and computer dating don't seem to work. Any ideas?
Any luck yet?

Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 PM

17 posts, read 101,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCC View Post

Just start casual conversations with women , be funny, mock yourself we love men who don't take themselves too seriously. and see what happens. Even if it is not a love connection you may just make a friend.My husband and I met through a personal ad 12 years ago before it was trendy

Old 04-11-2007, 11:45 PM

473 posts, read 1,575,024 times
Red face Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonemoose View Post
Just start casual conversations with women , be funny, mock yourself we love men who don't take themselves too seriously. and see what happens. Even if it is not a love connection you may just make a friend.My husband and I met through a personal ad 12 years ago before it was trendy
I met my husband through mutual friends. So I think you need to make a lot of friends and don't say no when you are asked to go somewhere or do something. Even if it's as simple as going to a movie, party, art gallery, or a sporting event that you aren't interested in. If you're not interested, it gives you more time to keep your eyes peeled. I'd also spark up conversation with men your age and older. You never know, they might have a sister, daughter, or friend that would be perfect for you.

When I looked, I had no luck. I also learned that when I wasn't interested, that's when I had the most men banging down my door! That's when I met my husband, so don't take it too seriously. Go out and have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte