Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:25 PM

98 posts, read 339,948 times

Advertisements

I start a new job on May 7th and will need an apartment by then. I will be working for UNCC but would like to live closer to Huntersville. Would Davidson be too far of a drive? If you know of any 1 BRs available by May 7th that allows dogs, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 06:45 PM

63 posts, read 238,042 times
Check out the Landings in Huntersville:

Moderator cut: commercial ad link

We are moving there on the 11th of May. They allow pets with additional deposit and rent. Good luck!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,906,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California2Carolina View Post
Check out the Landings in Huntersville:

Moderator cut: commercial ad link

We are moving there on the 11th of May. They allow pets with additional deposit and rent. Good luck!

Welcome neighor! Isn't that a song Heads California tails Carolina? LOL

This place is not bad for the price but I don't care for those managers in the office, except for the older lady on the weekends.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,906,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawk View Post
I start a new job on May 7th and will need an apartment by then. I will be working for UNCC but would like to live closer to Huntersville. Would Davidson be too far of a drive? If you know of any 1 BRs available by May 7th that allows dogs, please let me know. Thanks!

Yeah be sure to check The Landings it's cheap and you really can't beat the area for the price. They have tons of dogs here too. It's not the Taj Mahal but it's spacious and has a woodburing fireplace which I have used a lot since Feb.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:31 AM

63 posts, read 238,042 times
Sheena - It is a song How fun to already meet a neighbor! I really am not too impresssed with the management so far either except for a gal that works on the weekends so we must be thinking the same lady. She is from CA and was super helpful especially when she realized we were from the same state. The others there seemed to not communicate anything to one another and each told us different things. So tell me has it been a pretty good setup there? I realize that the place isn't the Ritz, but I was happy with the price and location. Plus it certainly wasn't an ugly place. We plan to be there for at the most 6 months and then will be looking to buy. I figure it is good enough!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:43 AM

474 posts, read 1,743,377 times
Quote:
We live in Camden Sedgebrook, within walking distance to Birkdale, and it's a decent place that allows pets. I believe Birkdale apartments allows pets as well.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:34 AM

201 posts, read 801,244 times
Quote:
Is there a particular reason that you would like to live closer to Huntersville? I manage a community somewhat near UNCC, I don't have any one-bedrooms by the date that you need it, however, there are alot of other very nice communities in the area that do allow dogs. PM me if I can give you any further info.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:19 PM

I've left a message with the Landings so we'll see if they have any openings. Birkdale Apartments rented their last 1 BR this week and I don't believe Sedgebrook has availability but I'll check. I like the feel of the small town with lots to do which is why I'm looking outside of Charlotte. Thanks for all the feedback and I'll keep you updated but in the meantime, keep the suggestions coming :-)

Old 04-22-2007, 02:36 PM

Welp, the Landings are full Any other suggestions?

Old 04-22-2007, 07:53 PM

474 posts, read 1,743,377 times
Quote:
Welp, the Landings are full Any other suggestions?
There's a place called the Radcliff(e?) that's behind us in Camden Sedgebrook. Looks nice and they allow pets up to 40 pounds.

Rosedale Village off of exit 23 has apartments as well. I'd take a look at them.

May want to check the available rentals in neighborhoods as well. We just moved from Monteith Park, but before we left I remember seeing some for rent signs for a few of the townhomes in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte