Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times

Advertisements

I have the paint and the epoxy floor kits to do everything but we've been so busy that we don't have the time to do it. Does anyone know of anyone who does this? I have all materials needed and am just looking for experienced labor. Thanks

Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
You may try Craigs list or Angies List. I will warn you about Craigs list. I was remodeling this home last year and I hired some painters off of craigs list and they did good work . However in casual conversation he says " I have to be in at such and such time my parole officer will be paying a visit.
So oviously I ask what did you do and he says he stab someone ... I was grateful this house had not been furnished at all yet.

You get more reliable service out of Angies List.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 AM

248 posts, read 747,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You may try Craigs list or Angies List. I will warn you about Craigs list. I was remodeling this home last year and I hired some painters off of craigs list and they did good work . However in casual conversation he says " I have to be in at such and such time my parole officer will be paying a visit.
So oviously I ask what did you do and he says he stab someone ... I was grateful this house had not been furnished at all yet.

Wow... good advice!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:34 AM

8 posts, read 16,598 times
Try mike mandich painting, i am a building contractor in the area and i use his services. He can take care of your painting needs and does nice work. His # is 239-980-4603 (posted by lane bryant dev.)

Old 08-17-2009, 06:16 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

How about just typing in your search engine for an insured and bonded
Handyman and let others decide if Craigs, Angies, or other lists is their best bet or not. Your advice just eliminated the chance for some reallly
good men, maybe unemployed and looking for work, no budget for advertising, to have a chance to earn some business to help support their families.

Great Job Sunny!

you are welcome

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-17-2009 at 06:26 AM..

Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
How about just typing in your search engine for an insured and bonded
Handyman and let others decide if Craigs, Angies, or other lists is their best bet or not. Your advice just eliminated the chance for some reallly
good men, maybe unemployed and looking for work, no budget for advertising, to have a chance to earn some business to help support their families.

Great Job Sunny!

you are welcome
I have not had good luck over the decades just hiring someone out of the blue. I would rather have personal recommendations.

I don't care if someone has a criminal past but I do care if they are reliable. And I want someone licensed and bonded. But regardless of what their past is . . . even if they are licensed and bonded - doesn't mean they are top notch in their field. That's why I want a recommendation.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have the paint and the epoxy floor kits to do everything but we've been so busy that we don't have the time to do it. Does anyone know of anyone who does this? I have all materials needed and am just looking for experienced labor. Thanks
Call the # I gave you for the rental. Her husband does this work for me all the time. I will be in Concord for the next couple of days (start. tom. ) and if you want I'll go over with him for him to give you a price.
je

Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I wasn't expecting this to come back up. I painted the walls and am having someone paint the ceiling tomorrow. I think the bf is going to wait on the epoxy flooring till he sells its down the line..Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte