Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,397 times

Advertisements

I like the price and style of Room and Board furniture. Unfortunately, they do not have a store in NC and I don't want to order a sofa without seeing and trying it out in person. I called Room and Board and they told me they use vendors in NC. So I called the Room and Board distribution center in Lincolnton and they just referred me back to the customer service line to order and how great they are, blah blah blah. Does anyone know what vendors I could check out personally or any other furniture makers in NC for a similar modern style and price I can check out? There is a modern sofa I am also interested in at Crate and Barrel. I would love it if anyone has had any luck with decent priced quality modern furniture to help me out, thanks!

Here are some links to sofas and type of style I like if this helps out at all. I would like to stay under $1500 and even less if possible. I want a great deal as I am a bargain shopper. And please don't tell me Rooms to Go or anything like that. I can tell the difference and personally don't care for it.

Room & Board - Living Spaces - Sofas - Loring Sofas

Room & Board - Living Spaces - Sofas - Reese Sofa (http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=19656&menuCatalog=room&menu Subcategory=201198 - broken link)

Crate and Barrel - Petrie Sofa shopping in Crate and Barrel Sofas (http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=931&f=6643 - broken link)

Crate and Barrel sofa I originally wanted and they no longer carry
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uh9x1ORS8-...and+Barrel.jpg

Thanks again!

Last edited by DanielleNC; 07-31-2009 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 12:33 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I like the price and style of Room and Board furniture. Unfortunately, they do not have a store in NC and I don't want to order a sofa without seeing and trying it out in person. I called Room and Board and they told me they use vendors in NC. So I called the Room and Board distribution center in Lincolnton and they just referred me back to the customer service line to order and how great they are, blah blah blah. Does anyone know what vendors I could check out personally or any other furniture makers in NC for a similar modern style and price I can check out? There is a modern sofa I am also interested in at Crate and Barrel. I would love it if anyone has had any luck with decent priced quality modern furniture to help me out, thanks!

Here are some links to sofas and type of style I like if this helps out at all. I would like to stay under $1500 and even less if possible. I want a great deal as I am a bargain shopper. And please don't tell me Rooms to Go or anything like that. I can tell the difference and personally don't care for it.

Room & Board - Living Spaces - Sofas - Loring Sofas

Room & Board - Living Spaces - Sofas - Reese Sofa (http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=19656&menuCatalog=room&menu Subcategory=201198 - broken link)

Crate and Barrel - Petrie Sofa shopping in Crate and Barrel Sofas (http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=931&f=6643 - broken link)

Crate and Barrel sofa I originally wanted and they no longer carry
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uh9x1ORS8-...and+Barrel.jpg

Thanks again!

Google Mitchell Gold outlet. They make a lot of this furniture for C&B, Pottery Barn, etc. They have an outlet store in Hickory. We've used it for leather ottomans, two couches and a few chairs. You're limited to what they have on the floor, but if you're not real, real picky they have a wide range of stuff and it turns over quickly. It's usually priced close to half of what retailers sell for. We've use the Bernhardt outlet for this as well. It's not in Hickory, but just north of there. They make sofas for Pottery Barn as well.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
I agree w/ BKQC's advice.

The Bernhardt outlet he is speaking of is on hwy 321 N, outside of Hickory going towards Lenoir. I haven't been up there in a few months and am assuming Bernhardt still has an outlet there.

Mitchell Gold is located on Hwy 70 in Hickory, near the Hickory Furn. Mart, and before Startown Road.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,397 times
Thanks so much BKQC and anifani! I was actually looking at their website earlier and didn't realize they had an outlet. It's nice to know they carry the other furniture stores too. Bernhardt sounds great too. I'll definitly check it out. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte