Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:28 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,702,805 times

Advertisements

Very early on the morning of the day I was leaving Charlotte a couple of weeks ago I walked by a restaurant on, I believe, College St. if my bearing are correct now. A block which I think was one over from Tryon, but it could have been two.

The restaurant was in a residential looking house (colonial style) with a front yard. I could see tables set in the window. Anybody know the name of this restaurant and anything about it?

TIA

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
I am sure it was on McNinch Street and if so, this is one of the regions finest restaurants.
McNinch House is very expensive but worth it. Its a victorian built home that is a historic home and former mayors house of charlotte. They do not advertise and many celebs, politicians, big wigs and alike. Michael Jordan eats there often.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,005,046 times
Can you give us the possible cross streets? Were closer to the 7th St area or down toward 1st? Also cold you have been on the other side of Tryon as in Church St? If so then it was probably McNinch. They are by reservation only, no exceptions as the menu is planned ahead of time by the chef. Then again I've never been so...

Old 08-01-2009, 09:10 AM

So far this sounds right as I recall a sign outside that spoke of Reservations or Resedrvations omly.

I left the Holiday Inn for a good long walk. I walked maybe10 blocks or so aawy from the direction of the Epi Center. Toward the seedier part of town. Crossed the street (my left) to return, near a vacant city block. Walked a block or two further away from North College(?) to watch a construction project. Then on that street I made my left and several blocks later I passed this rest. on my right.
Looks like a place I want to try.

BTW when I crossed the street to head to my hotel it was near the block where they are renovating the church that is cordoned off. I was planning on stopping into the church as I'v done in the past but no entry thru the main entrance. So the rest. was not far from this church.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
I had to look this McNinch place up. Here's the website: Fine Dining Restaurants, seven course Dinners, Romantic Restaurants, McNinch House Restaurant, Charlotte, NC

This looks worth checking out.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Thanks Tober I went to their website and made a reservation for the first week in Sept. for something a little special. Interesting place as you need to agree, in order to make a reservation, to their cell phone, dress code, and parking rules.

When you make the reservation you are asked about allegies, dislikes, etc and you get the opportunity to shape your dinner around these factors and the menu choices for the week.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
So, does this mean that we finally get to meet MRS. johne482??????

Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
So, does this mean that we finally get to meet MRS. johne482??????
Nope. The restaurant said they couldn't accomodate the CD re-union crowd as we have become too large a crowd. But, I'll be in CLT in two weeks and will bring a wallet photo of her if you'd like.

je

Old 08-01-2009, 01:04 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
no, silly...wasn't expecting to have the C/D reunion there...but, you said it was for "something special", so, I thought that maybe you were bringing Mrs. to Charlotte to see your endeavors here, was going to have a nice dinner there with her...and, then bring her to the C/D reunion at our usual spot on another night.

See? I created this entire scenario for you... Wasn't that nice of me??

Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 PM

Nice and thank you CC but not possible. Next time I'm in Charlotte is the 18th and 19th of Aug. and only staying one nite as I have committments in NYC.
Don't know if I could do a ""re-union" with only one nite but may be possible when I see how many fires I can put out in the next two weeks. In fact my plan is not to stay in uptown as I have a great deal to do closer to my properties and will prolly be easier to stay in the University area. We'll see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte