Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 PM

12 posts, read 30,458 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I will be moving to Charlotte at the end of May and I need your help!

By reading other threads on this forum and based on my online research, I understand that North and South of Charlotte seem like desirable areas to live in. I will be working in the 28217 zip code, couple of miles from the airport.

I'm looking for the apartment (2 bedroom, $600 - $850 range) in the safe and nice area whithin this zip code or around it. I would greatly appreciate if you can suggest specific neighborhood or apartment complex that you think I should focus on.

Also, any other moving-related suggestions and/or experiences are welcomed!

Thanks,

-f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 01:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fijufiic View Post
Hello everyone,

I will be moving to Charlotte at the end of May and I need your help!

By reading other threads on this forum and based on my online research, I understand that North and South of Charlotte seem like desirable areas to live in. I will be working in the 28217 zip code, couple of miles from the airport.

I'm looking for the apartment (2 bedroom, $600 - $850 range) in the safe and nice area whithin this zip code or around it. I would greatly appreciate if you can suggest specific neighborhood or apartment complex that you think I should focus on.

Also, any other moving-related suggestions and/or experiences are welcomed!

Thanks,

-f
Okay, this is just my opinion now, but living in that zip code is not very desirable. You would be much better off further south, say on the other side of I485.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:37 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, this is just my opinion now, but living in that zip code is not very desirable. You would be much better off further south, say on the other side of I485.

I agree. Try some of the apartments in the Steele Creek area, like some of the places around Ayrsley, for instance. That's zip code 28273 - Southwest Charlotte. That area is really taking off. I would definitely not recommend South Charlotte if you will work by the airport. It used to take me over an hour to get to the airport in morning rush hour - once it took 2 hours (it rained that morning) and I almost missed my 9:20 flight. Luckily it was delayed.

Last edited by megassel; 04-23-2007 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM

12 posts, read 30,458 times
lovesMountains and megassel,

Thank you for replying.

I've been looking at the Southwest Charlotte area and suggested zip code 28273, and currently I'm looking at the area which is approximately 5 minutes from I-77 and Carowinds seems to be the closest park in the area. Is this area considered safe?

I find it very hard to evaluate these areas over the internet. They all seem nice and safe.

-f

Old 04-23-2007, 03:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fijufiic View Post
lovesMountains and megassel,

Thank you for replying.

I've been looking at the Southwest Charlotte area and suggested zip code 28273, and currently I'm looking at the area which is approximately 5 minutes from I-77 and Carowinds seems to be the closest park in the area. Is this area considered safe?

I find it very hard to evaluate these areas over the internet. They all seem nice and safe.

-f
That southwest corner of the county is known as Steele Creek. Yes, it is safe. Carowinds is a large amusement park - lots of fun if you live nearby and have a season pass. You can wait til the crowds start going home for the day and then go in an walk right on most things. Down Carowinds Blvd at hwy 49 (S. Tryon) there are several complexes you could check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: