Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM

140 posts, read 272,280 times

Advertisements

I just moved here a few months ago and finally decided to start watching the NFL network, since football season will be here soon. I used to watch it when I lived in Richmond. Called Time-Warner to find out why I couldn't find the channel. They told me they can't carry that channel. Anyone know why?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
I don't why, but I'm in the exact same boat as you: Had it in Richmond, don't have it here...

Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexih View Post
I just moved here a few months ago and finally decided to start watching the NFL network, since football season will be here soon. I used to watch it when I lived in Richmond. Called Time-Warner to find out why I couldn't find the channel. They told me they can't carry that channel. Anyone know why?????

Time Warner wants to put it on a premium tier and the NFL Network people don't want it there.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:48 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
DirecTV is only carrier and has contract until 2012 or 2013.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 AM

187 posts, read 549,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
DirecTV is only carrier and has contract until 2012 or 2013.
That's not completely accurate. Comcast carries it in a number of markets, as well as a number of other carriers. The only thing for which DirecTV has the exclusive contract is Sunday Ticket.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchug View Post
That's not completely accurate. Comcast carries it in a number of markets, as well as a number of other carriers. The only thing for which DirecTV has the exclusive contract is Sunday Ticket.
You might be right. Lets put it this way. The ONLY reason I have DirecTV is for the Sunday Ticket. I would switch to cable on a dime if another carrier carried all NFL games.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 24,720 times
NFL Network wants to have the channel carried for all TWC subscribers and get a fee for each sub. TWC wants to put the channel on a premium sports tier so only people that want the channel will pay for it. NFL network doesn't like that idea for obvious reasons.

TWC is trying to fight the good fight and keep rates from increasing for all of it's subs. I personally would love to have the NFL network but wouldn't support everyone paying more money to the NFL whether they watch the channel or not...

Old 08-03-2009, 07:43 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
Cause cable tv sucks - NFL network has worked out a deal with most everyone but TWC wants to stick it to you.....that's why I'm cable free since 2001...To be totally fair, I should say the NFL network has a lot of chutzpuh demanding the rates they want and the tier they wish to choose - but cable company wont negotiate at all so, the consumer gets screwed...

Old 08-04-2009, 08:24 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
You might be right. Lets put it this way. The ONLY reason I have DirecTV is for the Sunday Ticket. I would switch to cable on a dime if another carrier carried all NFL games.
I think you maybe confusing the NFL Network with NFL Sunday ticket.

The NFL Network channel is available on many different providers (Dish, AT&T UVerse, DirecTV) just not TWC.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
I think you maybe confusing the NFL Network with NFL Sunday ticket.

The NFL Network channel is available on many different providers (Dish, AT&T UVerse, DirecTV) just not TWC.
You might be right. Just as long as I can see my long suffering Browns play....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte