Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,005,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracostarella View Post
Last in line is so not true! Maybe if "ya'll" would fix the accent to speak proper English then some intelligent employers would hire more of you. Just my opinion.
I am Southern, I say "ya'll" and will put up my IQ against yours any day of the week. As far as getting hired by "intelligent employers", well any half intelligent person would hire someone based on qualifications NOT accent.

If we take a collection can you head North faster? Then again I have friends up North, maybe we should send you to Alaska.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:25 PM

11 posts, read 28,769 times
Accent has nothing to do with it, proper grammar does.

It wasn't me that started this about northerners intruding the south...I have no problem with people moving wherever they choose to if they bring positive contributions.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracostarella View Post
When on tv have you ever heard a "southern" accent? There is a reason for that...
You seriously think there are no southern accents on TV? I mean don't you get embarrassed when you write stupid statements on the internet for everyone to read? They don't go away BTW, those stupid statements stay out there FOREVER... Oh well I guess the anonymity of a username must help but then again YOU still know how stupid you sound...

Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
You seriously think there are no southern accents on TV? I mean don't you get embarrassed when you write stupid statements on the internet for everyone to read? They don't go away BTW, those stupid statements stay out there FOREVER... Oh well I guess the anonymity of a username must help but then again YOU still know how stupid you sound...
Ahhh HAHAHA busted by the old Quote Before Delete trick.

Off to watch Paula Deen! Cya later!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post

I guess you do get embarrassed hence the delete... BTW I tend to play VERY nice until something rubs me the wrong way.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:38 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
back to the op is if a few of you know what that is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: