Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,508,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Oh that's scary What part of upstate NY? Should I be on the lookout?
Ive heard of the fort mill festival too...and our upstate Ny relatives were there and they said it reminded them of the Italian Fests where we come from! I can't wait to attend next year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 06:14 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,769,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Wasp View Post
Saw your post about Cannoli being mis-spelled at the Italian Club's booth at last year's Taste of Charlotte. The Taste of Charlotte organizers provide all the booth signage so the mistake was theirs, not the Club's.

Those people know how to spell cannoli--they've been eating them all their lives.
Even so, I don't think i would have put the misspelled banner up It's like when I went to Monty's Seafood place in Ballantyne last week...they had numerous misspellings and errors on their menu. It just makes them look bad!!! In this day and ago of "Spellcheck" there's no excuse.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,018,372 times
Default festival is this weekend in the city

Should we not go? I don't want premade peppers and sausage!!! Maybe we should just wait until the Ft. Mill one next year.

I miss my Italian foods too! I was up in Philly last week and ate a ton so that I could stop my cravings when I am done here it didn't seem to work though!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,769,351 times
I don't think there's any harm in going and seeing what it's like for yourself. If nothing else it'll enable you to post a reply to newbies on this forum next year!

Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,219 times
Where in Upstate Ny? I was raised in Utica Ny, now in mooresville nc
tony spina

Old 01-01-2008, 01:34 PM

44 posts, read 157,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvoletta View Post
My family and I will move to south charlotte in june, My husband is american but I'm italian. Any italian in charlotte?

There are Italians in Charlotte. Personally, I'm nearly full-blood Siciliano, my brother's wife is born and raised in Catania, Sicilia.

There's a decent Italian/Sicilian population in Charlotte....one just has to look.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 PM

Location: Hitler City, North Carolina If they hadn't changed their name to Charlotte they'd be sunk
22 posts, read 48,535 times
So who are your favorite Italian musicians?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 AM

81 posts, read 272,625 times
I'm Italian, was born an Italian citizen and I'm now a naturalized American, so I hold a dual citizenship for both countries. My parents (in Philly now) and grandparents (plus the rest of my family, all still living in Italy) are all from the same town in the province of Bari in Italy, Castellana Grotte. My family has been there and in the surrounding towns of Putignano, Poligano a Mare and Monopoli for centuries, just my parents, uncle, and myself were the first to move to the states in the 80s. I pretty much grew up in South Philadelphia, and the Philly suburbs, but I'm in Charlotte now for college at Winthrop and to live here after graduation. The one thing I miss is my family's cooking. My nonna makes excellent porpette, fried zucchinis and zucchini flowers, as well as panzerotti (my favorite). My dad and uncle are both chefs up in the Philly area, and they cook like my nonna, so I miss it a lot down here. My dad at least plans to move down here eventually.

As for Italian musicians, Andrea Bocelli is one my parents listen to all the time. Some of my friends that are Italian-Americans in Philly sing opera professionally as well.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM

85 posts, read 192,807 times
if you want great italian food eat at mama ricottas right near uptown. its the best italian food ive ever had. also, there is a zagats thing on the wall recognizing it as one of the best italian restaurants in america. it also has new haven style pizza, which is great.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM

81 posts, read 272,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan55 View Post
if you want great italian food eat at mama ricottas right near uptown. its the best italian food ive ever had. also, there is a zagats thing on the wall recognizing it as one of the best italian restaurants in america. it also has new haven style pizza, which is great.
Yeah, I have to bust out my Zagat guide...but unfortunately, being in college, its hard for me to go out to restaurants now and buying specialty foods. When I was home, my parents and uncle let me eat for free at their restaurants, of course. They're both in the Zagat guide for the top 1,000 Italian restaurants in the country. Charlotte had about 6 or so Italian restaurants that made that book, so when I have more money, I'll of course go out trying the places down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte