U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,036 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Charlotte in 90 days and must start researching areas to live. I will be working next to SouthPark Mall and have looked at SouthPark, Ballantyne, Providence, Matthews and Lake Norman(which seems too far away). I am interested in the Lake Wylie area, but have only seen posts from 2007, nothing recent in regards to communities like the Vineyards at Lake Wylie. I am looking for homes in the area of $400-450,000 and while schools are an important factor, I also realize that the quality of schools also goes up and down over a period of years. I would like a newer community, if possible, and am hoping to find an area just beginning to grow (i.e. new mall going in nearby or new restaurants, cinema, etc). Thanks and I appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 10,306 times
There are plenty of options in your price range here! I would suggest staying closer to Southpark (since you'll be working there) rather than going to either of the lakes. Although they are beautiful, traffic would not be pleasant. There are great areas in South Charlotte that would fit your price range! And given that you have suggested newer, growing areas, I would suggest Ballantyne/Blakeney/Stonecrest areas, all of which are south Charlotte. Blakeney is really growing even in this economy! These areas are approximately 15-20 minutes from Southpark. Welcome!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:09 PM

45,144 posts, read 57,085,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a03976 View Post
I am moving to Charlotte in 90 days and must start researching areas to live. I will be working next to SouthPark Mall and have looked at SouthPark, Ballantyne, Providence, Matthews and Lake Norman(which seems too far away). I am interested in the Lake Wylie area, but have only seen posts from 2007, nothing recent in regards to communities like the Vineyards at Lake Wylie. I am looking for homes in the area of $400-450,000 and while schools are an important factor, I also realize that the quality of schools also goes up and down over a period of years. I would like a newer community, if possible, and am hoping to find an area just beginning to grow (i.e. new mall going in nearby or new restaurants, cinema, etc). Thanks and I appreciate any help.
You'll have so many nice homes to chose from your head will be spinning - get a realtor, you need some real help. Since you will be working in South Park you should probably look in that general area first. Lake Norman would be too far and give me a fit to commute to every day. Lake Wylie would also be further than I would want to commute, but not as bad. You could check out the great little town of Tega Cay if lake living is important to you. Welcome to Charlotte~

Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 PM

1,851 posts, read 4,118,105 times
I agree, once you decide on what's most important to you in a home then your search can be narrowed. At your price point you will have many options from South Park through South Carolina, again where to look should be determined by what is highest on your priority list. I also agree, if you don't already have a realtor you ought to get one. 90 days in not much time, and I have seen many lenders take more time getting loans processed -- sometimes well over the 30 days many of us expect.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,304 times
If schools are an important factor in making your decision, I would first research areas by schools. In your price range you should not have a problem finding a nice home in a desirable neighborhood that fits your critieria. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte