U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 09:46 AM

5 posts, read 15,112 times

Advertisements

My friend is moving to Moorseville from Union County due to husbands job change. She has 2 elementary school age kids and needs advice on desirable schools/subdivisions. price range 250-300k for buying a home. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 11:54 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,119,262 times
She should have plenty to pick from. That seems to be the median price range.

Schools I can't comment on but I am sure there are plenty of others that can chime in.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM

32 posts, read 63,247 times
There are 2 elementary schools in Mooresville, South and Park View. Both are very good. Both are k-2, the you go to the imtermediate school, MIS or East MIS. I'll do some research on neighborhoods and let you know.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:52 PM

170 posts, read 518,893 times
I have a son that goes to MIS (Mooresville Intermediate- 3rd thru 6th grade), and one that goes to MMS (Middle school-7th and 8th). This was our first year in the area, and I am so impressed with the schools here! We came from very good schools back in Seattle, and schools were my #1 priority with this move. I did a lot of research, and have been told by many that the Mooresville schools were excellent. My son's teacher even said there are many teachers who want to transfer here because the schools are so good. I'm very happy, and my kids are doing great!

As far as neighborhoods, we live in Curtis Pond, which has many new houses being built (over 900 total!), but there are many neighborhoods in that price range to choose from. If she could, I would take a drive around, and get a feel for the different subdivisions, and see what feels right. It's a nice area here, I have no complaints!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:30 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,794,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyofSix View Post
My friend is moving to Moorseville from Union County due to husbands job change. She has 2 elementary school age kids and needs advice on desirable schools/subdivisions. price range 250-300k for buying a home. Thanks!
Neighborhoods in Mooresville in her price range that will get her into the Mooresville graded school district...Linwood Farms, Curtis Pond & Harris Village. All have inventory homes & resales that fall in her price range. There's 2 new inventory homes in Harris Village at my end of the subdivision. One is on a dead end with a big, level yard. Houses next door & across the street have elementary school aged kids.

GOOD LUCK!!

BxRosie

Old 04-29-2007, 02:35 AM

473 posts, read 1,453,736 times
Red face Lake Norman Elem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomof3 View Post
There are 2 elementary schools in Mooresville, South and Park View. Both are very good. Both are k-2, the you go to the imtermediate school, MIS or East MIS. I'll do some research on neighborhoods and let you know.
I think you forgot one. Isn't Lake Norman one of the best elem. schools in Iredell County? Seems like we looked at Water Oak that had that school assignment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or