U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 PM

23,806 posts, read 32,179,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You betcha! Do they also install? Do you know if they have the carpet shipped to them from the manufacturer?

When I was in Kansas, I had carpet shipped to me at unbelievably reduced prices - straight from the manufacturer in GA.

S&S Mills : Wholesale Carpets at Discount Price - Buy Factory Direct Carpet

The thing is, I had to line up installers myself and they didn't take away the old carpet - I had to pay to get someone else to do that. Plus, it was cash on the barrelhead. The savings were substantial - I literally paid $1700 for a whole basement - and the lowest bid for the job from local companies was over $5000. The carpet was gorgeous and a wonderful grade.

So I would just order from them again, but I hated to have to line up my own installers. I need to compare prices, too.
I dropped the ball on it, Ani, when I found the floor refinishers. I'll check the phonebook, in hopes that someone knows about the place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:29 PM

35,881 posts, read 73,146,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I dropped the ball on it, Ani, when I found the floor refinishers. I'll check the phonebook, in hopes that someone knows about the place.
Don't go to a lot of trouble, SB! My sister said she knew of one towards Hickory so it may be the same one!

I am gonna go check w/ HD and Lowes and call S&S and have them mail their sample kit to me. Having ordered from them b/f, I am not concerned at all. The quality was so outstanding - the installer was very impressed and said he was gonna start recommending them to folks.

I just have to find an installer here - and S&S usually has names of people I can contact.

If Lowes/HD are having good sales, it may be just as well to go with one of them, b/c they do haul off the carpet. That is a big issue for me - gotta have that mess hauled off!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Don't go to a lot of trouble, SB! My sister said she knew of one towards Hickory so it may be the same one!

I am gonna go check w/ HD and Lowes and call S&S and have them mail their sample kit to me. Having ordered from them b/f, I am not concerned at all. The quality was so outstanding - the installer was very impressed and said he was gonna start recommending them to folks.

I just have to find an installer here - and S&S usually has names of people I can contact.

If Lowes/HD are having good sales, it may be just as well to go with one of them, b/c they do haul off the carpet. That is a big issue for me - gotta have that mess hauled off!!!
NP, Ani!

I have a 4 county phonebook (last year's) & there is a Barrett's Carpet Warehouse Outlet in Vale in the book.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM

35,881 posts, read 73,146,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
NP, Ani!

I have a 4 county phonebook (last year's) & there is a Barrett's Carpet Warehouse Outlet in Vale in the book.
I know where Vale is! I will check this out - see where they get their products and what the brands are. Thanx, SB!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I know where Vale is! I will check this out - see where they get their products and what the brands are. Thanx, SB!!!
You're welcome Ani! I was going to go check it out until I got the floor refinishers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte