U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:43 PM

201 posts, read 604,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
What? You mean that NOT having laws is a good way for us not to worry about LAWS because there would be none? We can "get past" the term illegal when these lawbreakers<(bet you dont like that word either) stop breaking the law,,duh! I dont want to get TB or have my kids get it. Guess that doesnt matter to you from your non answer
Not all illegals are 'illegal', lol! There are people in the food service industry that are here legally, and contributing to society and their families.

If a restaurant is not checking health records (or results of TB tests) of their employees that are working there illegally, what makes you think they are really checking the health records of those here legally who are working the same jobs?

On a side note, for those wanting information on restaurant health inspection ratings, you can visit:

Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

It has a great search feature by zip code or restaurant name. If you look as some of the low or failed inspection reports, it's rather eye opening.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 PM

693 posts, read 1,957,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
They are people, no one is denying that. But they are illegal citizens, there is no question about that.

When the government can not assist it's own citizens, the ones who belong here, they have no business what so ever doing a thing for someone here illegally. We must take care of our own! We have Veterans living in cardboard boxes and senior citizens going hungry or without meds in this country, just to mention a couple of the needs. That is NOT acceptable!
Many of these people have lived in this country for years...they have families and lives here, it's not as simple as "sending them back" they belong here. So we need to find a way to fast track them in to the system...which helps everyone...because they would then be paying taxes.

I was offended by the OP, who implied that because they were here illegally they were somehow more likely to be disease ridden. That's just wrong...and most likely racist as well... I got the feeling the OP is not focusing on the illegal immigrants from Canada or the UK.

I also patently disagree with the assertion that we do not care for our own. Government programs exist, the protected classes you mentioned just need the access to get the program...help is there if they can find it...the issue is letting people know where to look.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,693,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
I really wish people could see beyond the term illegal and think of them as people. The government should be helping these people become citizens.
Why?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,605,281 times
Quote:
Many of these people have lived in this country for years...they have families and lives here, it's not as simple as "sending them back" they belong here. So we need to find a way to fast track them in to the system...which helps everyone...because they would then be paying taxes.

I was offended by the OP, who implied that because they were here illegally they were somehow more likely to be disease ridden. That's just wrong...and most likely racist as well... I got the feeling the OP is not focusing on the illegal immigrants from Canada or the UK.

I also patently disagree with the assertion that we do not care for our own. Government programs exist, the protected classes you mentioned just need the access to get the program...help is there if they can find it...the issue is letting people know where to look.

The people that have been here for years are typically not the problem. They aren't the ones who are flooding across the borders and bringing their disease and filth with them. Although, they should have done it the right way, there is no excuse for that. There is nothing racist about the truth.

We don't have an issue with illegals from the UK or Canada. I don't know where you are getting that info?

But none the less, we do not care for our own. And they sure as hell aren't a *protected class*. The ones that need help are being put curbside while they take the younger yoots and make them ever more dependent on the government. They are the ones taking the goods. So, to iterate to you they KNOW where to look, but aren't getting the help. There are reasons why they aren't getting the help, those very reasons are not acceptable.

The fact that we can't look at the facts and truth of the matter without playing the race card is only a testament to the sad state of today's society. If they want to come here, you do it legally. You do it OUR way, in our language. Just like it was done when my ancestors, my DH's ancestors hopefully yours (and I am most sure others did) did it the right way as well. They came here and adapted to this country. Not just come here and mooch and mooch. We won't even go there with their drunk drivers and how many people that they have killed.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,693,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhousesearch View Post
Not all illegals are 'illegal', lol! There are people in the food service industry that are here legally, and contributing to society and their families.

If a restaurant is not checking health records (or results of TB tests) of their employees that are working there illegally, what makes you think they are really checking the health records of those here legally who are working the same jobs?

On a side note, for those wanting information on restaurant health inspection ratings, you can visit:

Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

It has a great search feature by zip code or restaurant name. If you look as some of the low or failed inspection reports, it's rather eye opening.
"Not all illegals are illegal". WTF. If they are legal aliens then they have visas. That usually means they are obeying laws that pertain to their employment and residency. If they don't have visas THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY: THEREFORE ILLEGALS.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Quote:

Hi, Damemeow!

I honestly don't think the questions and statements were meant to infer anything racist at all.

For one thing, CDC has reported that there has been an uptick in TB and Hep C due to folks illegally entering the country.

I think it would be less inflammatory if we referred to anyone living in this country who is not a citizen as non-citizens. This would mean anyone on a VISA as well as anyone who had come w/o permission would be referred to in the same way.

I am concerned about communicable diseases for several reasons. As others have stated, the food industry is not the only place where diseases can be transmitted.

Also, with there being a movement towards not giving children vax, that means they are susceptible to an outbreak of such things as measles and whooping cough, something we have already experience in this state.

I think vax and well checks should be free to anyone who walks into a public health clinic (vax are free, but many folks don't realize that). We need to provide a way for anyone who is living here to be screened for infectious disease - and be treated for it, as well.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM

693 posts, read 1,957,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The people that have been here for years are typically not the problem. They aren't the ones who are flooding across the borders and bringing their disease and filth with them. Although, they should have done it the right way, there is no excuse for that. There is nothing racist about the truth.

We don't have an issue with illegals from the UK or Canada. I don't know where you are getting that info?

That's not the truth..that is racist. Many of these immigrants have fought long hard battles just to get here...the Cuban and Haitian immigrants of south Florida enhanced the culture and made us "more than ourselves", why here in Charlotte do you view them as "less than" you? Very narrow scope...

Why do you assume they are disease ridden and bring "filth" you think they are not as clean and healthy as you? Racist. And yes, there are illegal immigrants here from many countries, not just the ones some deem undesirable.

I am not attacking you personally, but I detest the racist mentality.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:19 PM

364 posts, read 1,044,102 times
Our Dr. mentioned a hepatitis A? shot due to the influx of Hispanic people's in the food industry....

Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,714,292 times
Its like this. Mexico and other countries south of the border IS a third world country. Third world countries have a much higher number of people with TB. HIV and who know what else. How can people from a third world country flood into another country and not bring the health problems with them.???...Thus I think it is a fair question as to the health status of these thousands oF "ILLEGAL" <that means people here that are not suspose to be her under our law ) people cooking our food, being around our kids etc...Funny how someone could be offended by this question but are not offended by lawbreaking aliens........go figure. Its not a racial thing so dont go there. lol

Old 08-06-2009, 04:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,605,281 times
Quote:
That's not the truth..that is racist. Many of these immigrants have fought long hard battles just to get here...the Cuban and Haitian immigrants of south Florida enhanced the culture and made us "more than ourselves", why here in Charlotte do you view them as "less than" you? Very narrow scope...

Why do you assume they are disease ridden and bring "filth" you think they are not as clean and healthy as you? Racist. And yes, there are illegal immigrants here from many countries, not just the ones some deem undesirable.

Call me racist if you wish, matters not to me. But the facts are just that, the facts.

A VERY large portion of the population are filthy. And it is no secret that they are bringing disease back in to this country.The one that I failed to mention earlier is whooping cough, that is coming back by leaps and bounds. They aren't as clean as we here in this country, they live how they did on their side of the border here and that is not acceptable! Nor it is it healthy.

If what you call a long, hard battle would have been the right and legal way, it would not have been so long and hard. There is a right way and a wrong way to things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte