U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:33 PM

364 posts, read 1,042,884 times

Advertisements

I definitely don't think it would be fair to call most Hispanics "filthy". First, there are many Hispanics here legally. And, even if they are not her legally- I'm not sure that counts as bad hygiene. I've traveled a lot in Central America and Mexico and never thought of the people as dirty. Yes, they may not have all the same standards and regulations in the food services, etc. But, the people I met (and lived with) were clean themselves. I'd also point out, living in rural Costa Rica with a host family for several weeks, even though they handled food differently I was never sick.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:40 PM

693 posts, read 1,955,072 times
wow. and on that note I am politely removing myself from the conversation to have a nice evening with my husband.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:59 PM

201 posts, read 604,291 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
"Not all illegals are illegal". WTF. If they are legal aliens then they have visas. That usually means they are obeying laws that pertain to their employment and residency. If they don't have visas THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY: THEREFORE ILLEGALS.
Hi Businessperson!

I'm sorry (sincerely)! I could have worded that a lot better. It's been one of those days the brain kicks in after posting.

I just meant that not everyone who works in the food industry is here illegally. Some have been born and raised here, and are simply doing their job.

I was just trying to say that if there is a restaurant that doesn't confirm the health status of their employees who are here illegally, how would we know that they are checking the health status of those that are US citizens working the same jobs in the same restaurant?

If this is a valid health concern (for TB and other diseases), all employees should be screened by the owner of the restaurant.

If someone has a concern about eating at a restaurant(s) because their kids may get a disease from an illegal immigrant who has TB ... then don't take your kids there.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,506,947 times
please no more name calling, or flaming other members
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,110,264 times
wow. I think that every day, now, I am more and more astonished by the things that people say. It wasn't always like this...what in the world is going on?

for the record: 17 years food service manager. Illegals are not intentionally working in our kitchens any more than they are working anywhere in this country. (most have gone home now anyway due to the economy). There is no company here in this country that can blatenely hire illegals...surely you guys have heard of the government raids across the country and even in such unlikely places as Iowa?? But, that aside...
people in food service are required to wash their hands often. However, there is no TB test, no shots, none of that required to work in a restaurant in Mecklenburg county. Basically, all that is required is valid identification and a good interview. Period.

I don't know where the idea came that illegal aliens are sickening us with various diseases. That is just more ludicrous than almost anything I have heard here.

I don't have a problem with illegal aliens as long as they are working, productive members of society. My grandmother was an illegal alien from Norway and my great-grandfather was an illegal alien from Ireland. I guarantee that they did nothing to infect anyone when they came here.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 PM

693 posts, read 1,955,072 times
@ chicagocubs - Thank you for saying that +1

Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 PM

201 posts, read 604,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
wow. I think that every day, now, I am more and more astonished by the things that people say. It wasn't always like this...what in the world is going on?

for the record: 17 years food service manager. Illegals are not intentionally working in our kitchens any more than they are working anywhere in this country. (most have gone home now anyway due to the economy). There is no company here in this country that can blatenely hire illegals...surely you guys have heard of the government raids across the country and even in such unlikely places as Iowa?? But, that aside...
people in food service are required to wash their hands often. However, there is no TB test, no shots, none of that required to work in a restaurant in Mecklenburg county. Basically, all that is required is valid identification and a good interview. Period.

I don't know where the idea came that illegal aliens are sickening us with various diseases. That is just more ludicrous than almost anything I have heard here.

I don't have a problem with illegal aliens as long as they are working, productive members of society. My grandmother was an illegal alien from Norway and my great-grandfather was an illegal alien from Ireland. I guarantee that they did nothing to infect anyone when they came here.
Well said!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:33 PM

830 posts, read 1,315,832 times
I guess the Indians living in North and South America would consider Europeans filthy, since those early explorers and settlers brought so many diseases with them...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,587,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post

You can contact the CDC, any health dept etc...they can tell you where they are seeing the spikes in these diseases and where the source(s) are.
It is even often on the local news.

If someone is illegal they are not productive members of our society. They do not pay taxes here, they squirrel the money and live several to a 2/3 bedroom apartment and then send the leftover back home. That brings nothing to THIS society whatsoever. They drain us because they are flooding our health care systems and our social services. They do not obtain licenses to operate a motor vehicle nor do they obtain vehicle insurance. The irresponsible drunk driving has killed many! They are taking jobs that deserving Americans (male & female) today would love to have no matter how hard the labor but can't. Now mind you, I am fully well aware of the employers that employ them and they should be dealt with as well. They come here and refuse to learn our language, so government both local and federal are forced to retain employees that can communicate with them.

There is nothing productive about them, it is a loss all the way around for the citizens of this country.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,110,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You can contact the CDC, any health dept etc...they can tell you where they are seeing the spikes in these diseases and where the source(s) are.
It is even often on the local news.

If someone is illegal they are not productive members of our society. They do not pay taxes here, they squirrel the money and live several to a 2/3 bedroom apartment and then send the leftover back home. That brings nothing to THIS society whatsoever. They drain us because they are flooding our health care systems and our social services. They do not obtain licenses to operate a motor vehicle nor do they obtain vehicle insurance. The irresponsible drunk driving has killed many! They are taking jobs that deserving Americans (male & female) today would love to have no matter how hard the labor but can't. Now mind you, I am fully well aware of the employers that employ them and they should be dealt with as well. They come here and refuse to learn our language, so government both local and federal are forced to retain employees that can communicate with them.

There is nothing productive about them, it is a loss all the way around for the citizens of this country.
Chrome, I have no idea where you are getting this hateful information. Not only that, if you ever visited any of the countries where these supposed "diseased" people are from, you would completely understand why they would want to make a better life for themselves and their families.

Again, it is well documented that most illegal aliens have left the country. Why? Because there is no work here. So, maybe your irrational fears will be laid to rest!! Also, you can be assured that any jobs held by those that you consider to be illegal are NOT those that any spoiled American would hold...certainly not for the same pay...at the very least.

you might need to look back into your own history to see the status of your own ancestors. After all, there are NO native Americans. Even the American Indians are actually descendants of tribes from ...OH NO...central/southern America...and, so, the cycle continues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte