U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,694,039 times

Advertisements

Maybe someone can help with this question. I think we can all agree that in charlotte there are lots of illegals working in food service. Since these illegals are 100 % undocumented the question is..How do we know that they have been given the required health test for TB and other communicable diseases? I feel this is a valid concern and should be addressed before a serious outbreak of sickness....If a restaurant hires them knowing the are illegals which is wrong .How can we expect them to do what is right?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,077,687 times
Good question. I really wish the government would go after the businesses for hiring all these illegals so that they would stop doing it. Yet another controversial topic...

Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 PM

693 posts, read 1,954,568 times
I really wish people could see beyond the term illegal and think of them as people. The government should be helping these people become citizens.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:30 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,694,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
I really wish people could see beyond the term illegal and think of them as people. The government should be helping these people become citizens.
What? You mean that NOT having laws is a good way for us not to worry about LAWS because there would be none? We can "get past" the term illegal when these lawbreakers<(bet you dont like that word either) stop breaking the law,,duh! I dont want to get TB or have my kids get it. Guess that doesnt matter to you from your non answer

Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,935,359 times
If it was such a big problem then most of Southern California would have TB. As would Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. I grew up in the Los Angeles area and never heard of anyone getting TB from eating at a restaurant. Have you heard something that I havent heard? Are all illegals coming to the USA with TB?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,130,431 times
Food service people don't have to get TB tests, so it wouldn't matter anyway. You should be more worried about all of the workers who have to come in regardless of their state of health, and in many, many different types of jobs.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,067,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Maybe someone can help with this question. I think we can all agree that in charlotte there are lots of illegals working in food service. Since these illegals are 100 % undocumented the question is..How do we know that they have been given the required health test for TB and other communicable diseases? I feel this is a valid concern and should be addressed before a serious outbreak of sickness....If a restaurant hires them knowing the are illegals which is wrong .How can we expect them to do what is right?
Since they crossed the boarder illegally, that makes them illegals. How do they work here? Illegally...

California still has the highest rate of TB. But not only do you have to worry about TB what about Hepititas C, you should be worrying about that also. The first article I attached pretty much raises the same concerns and we should be concerned.

Wooldridge - Diseases Migrating With Illegals Into US
California tuberculosis rate lowest on record - Los Angeles Times
Tainted cheese fuels TB rise in California - Infectious diseases- msnbc.com

Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 PM

17 posts, read 36,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Food service people don't have to get TB tests, so it wouldn't matter anyway. You should be more worried about all of the workers who have to come in regardless of their state of health, and in many, many different types of jobs.
Thank you. I worked in several restaurants and bars through college and I assure you that illegals are probably the least of your concerns. No one ever asked any health related questions and several places would make you feel bad for not working with a cold or other communicable disease.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,583,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post

They are people, no one is denying that. But they are illegal citizens, there is no question about that.

When the government can not assist it's own citizens, the ones who belong here, they have no business what so ever doing a thing for someone here illegally. We must take care of our own! We have Veterans living in cardboard boxes and senior citizens going hungry or without meds in this country, just to mention a couple of the needs. That is NOT acceptable!

Last edited by sundrop; 08-06-2009 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-06-2009, 02:30 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,583,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
If it was such a big problem then most of Southern California would have TB. As would Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. I grew up in the Los Angeles area and never heard of anyone getting TB from eating at a restaurant. Have you heard something that I havent heard? Are all illegals coming to the USA with TB?

The cases of TB and measles are growing at a very rapid rate in this country
because of the influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte