U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:52 PM

232 posts, read 642,526 times

Advertisements

Hi, there was a great place right near Lake Wylie............I am trying to the think of the name. When I had family visit, everybody loved to go because on Monday's they had ALL YOU CAN EAT RIBS

OH TBONES that was the name..IT was so yummy there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 PM

149 posts, read 577,009 times
ttt for great ribs

Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,868,549 times
My favorite local place for ribs is Bubba's BBQ on Sunset Road off of I-77. Bubba's is a true southern BBQ joint, something Charlotte doesn't have many of. I might add, I call it a "joint" but it is very clean and safe, etc.

As for buffet's, there are several, but I'll give you one of my favorite little places some may not know about, or wouldn't consider. For breakfast, there's a nice little resturant at the Omni Hotel in Uptown that has a great breakfast buffet. Its nice if you're going to be downtown, or if you just want an excuse to visit downtown.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:17 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,801,004 times
Default Thanks for the recommendation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNY View Post
I'll second 521 BBQ, though it's probably out of the way for people not in this neck of the woods. Great food, great staff. At this point, we don't even bother with other bbq.
Hey, on your recommendation, we had take-out from 521 BBQ last night. All in my house pronounced it Good Eatin'. We tried some ribs and some chopped pork. Hushpuppies were tasty. Came with several styles of sauce - the sweet version and a mustardy version. Finger-lickin' good!

A tip for those in the Cureton/Quellin area. Just follow Kensington Rd out to 521 and hang a left. It is down the road toward Sun City a bit.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,267,277 times
Has anyone tried Eb's BBQ in Indian Trail? (ebsbbq.com).
I've had bbq there (it's good), but only on the 1st Saturday of every month they serve ribs which I've heard are great.

We wanted to try it one Saturday but they were all out early in the night. I guess that's a good sign.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:48 AM

50 posts, read 161,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I live in the Fort Mill area (Tega Cay, SC) and my favorite BBQ place is Courtney's BBQ over in Clover, SC (1166 Hwy 55). They do have a website if you wish more information...and here is a link for their menu:

http://www.courtneysbbq.com/PDF/menu20060720.pdf (broken link)

In Fort Mill we do not lack for buffets...but most are for Italian food. My favorites are: (1) DeMarco's (2) Mama Mia's...a couple of other popular one's are Village Pizza and Papa Pino's (next to Carowinds).

Lastly if your interested...up at the Tega Cay Golf Club (Clubhouse) we have an excellent Sunday Brunch
i have to agree on the tega cay golf club for sunday brunch. it is awesome!
i would like to know of a good chinese buffet. i have not found a good one since i left charleston!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 PM

240 posts, read 912,818 times
The best Chinese buffet on the south side of Charlotte is probably Tin Tin (on Park Rd near rt 51). It's kind of pricey, but the food is more "menu quality" than your typical Chinese buffet.

On the north side, Chen's Bistro is very good (in a shopping center across Harris Blvd from the CMC University hospital).

Old 04-27-2007, 01:57 PM

50 posts, read 161,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
The best Chinese buffet on the south side of Charlotte is probably Tin Tin (on Park Rd near rt 51). It's kind of pricey, but the food is more "menu quality" than your typical Chinese buffet.

On the north side, Chen's Bistro is very good (in a shopping center across Harris Blvd from the CMC University hospital).
thanks! I appreciate it.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM

2,152 posts, read 5,940,016 times
Let me put this out there....Damon's Grill for Ribs!!! They're in Fort Mill on Carowinds Blvd and Tryon. They do an excellent job and a pretty nice atmosphere, they have some really big TV's and always have some sort of game on.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
BNY

49 posts, read 175,688 times
Glad you liked 521, Marvinnative! We've tried a number of places and it just worked out that the closest one is our favorite. It's made us lazy in searching out other spots.

lovesthecarolinas, we'll be trying the Tega Cay Clubhouse Sunday brunch next. We enjoyed the Inn at Baxter's and, just like with the bbq, we'll keep on tasting. How's the price? I believe the Inn was over $40 for 2, so that's on the high end for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte