U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:15 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,036,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNY View Post

lovesthecarolinas, we'll be trying the Tega Cay Clubhouse Sunday brunch next. We enjoyed the Inn at Baxter's and, just like with the bbq, we'll keep on tasting. How's the price? I believe the Inn was over $40 for 2, so that's on the high end for us.

The Sunday Brunch at the Tega Cay Clubhouse is $15.99 (and is served from 10 am to 1 pm).

They also have other dining options Wednesday thru Friday too:

http://www.tegacaygolfclub.com/pdf/2007april.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 04:12 PM

83 posts, read 350,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For the best ribs in Charlotte I head to Mac's Speed Shop on South Blvd. Their brisket is also fantastic! Believe me, they are so good (especially when you pour their special vinegar sauce over them) you won't care how much it costs! This is a really neat place with an old-fashioned bar you can belly up to. But it is family friendly and even offers outdoor seating. It is a fave of the Harley Davidson types and usually there are a minimum of 20 motorcycles parked outside. There is no other place like it in Charlotte.

I'll have to think about the Chinese and breakfast buffet question
Mac's is the BEST!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:47 AM

36 posts, read 430,131 times
Default New Place in Town - Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Has anyone tried Eb's BBQ in Indian Trail? (ebsbbq.com).
I've had bbq there (it's good), but only on the 1st Saturday of every month they serve ribs which I've heard are great.

We wanted to try it one Saturday but they were all out early in the night. I guess that's a good sign.
We go by EB's every time we go to Brusters....maybe twice a month and have yet to try their ribs. We will do so...eventually. I'm not a big fan of pulled pork BBQ however, yesterday we were coming back down 601 from Reeds Gold Mine and decided to try this new place that just opened up a few weeks ago...Big Bob Gibson BBQ. We've driven by the place and it was always packed but for some reason it wasn't yesterday. We noticed all the trophies and awards in the place so I decided to try their pulled pork BBQ sandwich. OMG it was the most tender pork I had EVER tasted. And their BBQ sauce!!!OMG I was hooked!!! I even purchased two bottles of their BBQ sauce. I am definately going to try their ribs on my next visit. They were established in 1925 and if you want to check out their website, go to: http://www.bigbobgibson.com/ and then go try it for yourself. In the meantime...let me know how you like EBs ribs.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 PM

36 posts, read 430,131 times
Default Not Impressed

We use to patronize the Damons up in Gambrills, MD and we absolutely loved their food. When we moved down here and discovered a Damons being built near Carowinds we were thrilled. When it finally opened up we had to try it so we did. Boy! what a disappointment!!! Yes they had the big screened TVs however the boxes on the tables didn't work at all so we were stuck listening to whatever screen the box was tuned to. We wanted to play the trivia game but the servers seemed predisposed with their cellphones or something OTHER than the customers. The food was so disappointing that I don't even remember what I had and we are NOT going back there. Since they opened there has been one article in the Charlotte Observer about them and even that wasn't good. I hope they get their act together and start improving things. We're willing to give it another try however you won't find me banging down the doors to get in any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Let me put this out there....Damon's Grill for Ribs!!! They're in Fort Mill on Carowinds Blvd and Tryon. They do an excellent job and a pretty nice atmosphere, they have some really big TV's and always have some sort of game on.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM

10 posts, read 28,554 times
Default Not impressed as well

With the Damon's on the corner of Carowinds and NC49 - they also had a poor rating from the health dept. a little ways back!

Also agree with Tin Tin's being the best Chinese buffet in Charlotte, period! I am Chinese and my family has owned AAA and Mobile rated restaurants and the food here is extremely good - many of the dishes are very authentic as well as the usual Westernized pseudo-chinese foods........

Old 05-29-2007, 12:29 PM

95 posts, read 68,912 times
Watch an unattended child go through a buffet line and you'll never eat off of one again.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:55 AM

102 posts, read 277,846 times
Texas Roadhouse for ribs. that place is great.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 AM

104 posts, read 248,399 times
Default Ebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Has anyone tried Eb's BBQ in Indian Trail? (ebsbbq.com).
I've had bbq there (it's good), but only on the 1st Saturday of every month they serve ribs which I've heard are great.

We wanted to try it one Saturday but they were all out early in the night. I guess that's a good sign.
Yes, we have had them and they are great! Now the do Ribs 1st and 3rd Sat. of the month..but get there early they do run out!

Very good Pork BBQ abd Brisket!

Had won many BBQ cook-offs and dessert cook-offs..so they have some great desserts and also a buffet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or