U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 AM

73 posts, read 293,880 times

Advertisements

Ok here is a question I would love to get answered. Where can I buy the best ribs and how much. Please no Ruby Tuesday, Fridays, etc. I would really like to know about anything in a 30 mile radius of Ft. Mill/Charlotte with outside pitts, etc. But reg places with good prices that do it right would also be appreciated.

I also would love to know where the best Buffet (non Chinese because I know where those are) and breakfast buffet are.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 AM

20 posts, read 48,562 times
Well I don't know about any non-chain restaurants with good ribs , but we've had the ribs from Tony Roma's in Pineville a few times & they've always been really good (where the meat falls off the bone). I think as far as price goes their 1/2 rack was either $14.99 or $16.99 & the full rack was $18.99. Hope this helps! Good luck in your rib search!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 AM

45,095 posts, read 56,964,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln S View Post
Ok here is a question I would love to get answered. Where can I buy the best ribs and how much. Please no Ruby Tuesday, Fridays, etc. I would really like to know about anything in a 30 mile radius of Ft. Mill/Charlotte with outside pitts, etc. But reg places with good prices that do it right would also be appreciated.

I also would love to know where the best Buffet (non Chinese because I know where those are) and breakfast buffet are.

Thanks
For the best ribs in Charlotte I head to Mac's Speed Shop on South Blvd. Their brisket is also fantastic! Believe me, they are so good (especially when you pour their special vinegar sauce over them) you won't care how much it costs! This is a really neat place with an old-fashioned bar you can belly up to. But it is family friendly and even offers outdoor seating. It is a fave of the Harley Davidson types and usually there are a minimum of 20 motorcycles parked outside. There is no other place like it in Charlotte.

I'll have to think about the Chinese and breakfast buffet question

Old 04-26-2007, 08:32 AM

240 posts, read 692,633 times
I've had ribs at City Range in Ballantyne and Encore Bistro in Blakeney shopping center. Both were really good, especially the City Range ribs. They weren't cheap at either place, but they weren't outrageously priced either.

If you want a cheap breakfast buffet, Shoney's or Golden Corral (on weekends only, I think) are ok. Not the best food in the world by a long shot, but they have a lot of choices :-) For a really good quality breakfast buffet, the Ballantyne Resort is excellent. I think it runs about $14.95, but the food is very good.

For italian, Villa Antonio on South Blvd has an excellent lunch buffet (I think it's $9.95).

For pizza, try Luisa's Brick Oven's lunch buffet off of Woodlawn and Montford Rd. It's about $6.50 per person, including drink. Very tasty pizza! the lunch buffet is open weekdays and Sundays.

There are a bunch of pretty good Indian buffets too (Bombay Grille near the Carolina Place Mall, Saffron in Aysrley Town Center... my personal favorite indian buffet, and Jaipur on South Blvd).

Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM

30 posts, read 105,381 times
Default Buffets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln S View Post

Thanks
I agree with a lot of what Seahawks80 said. Although I would never eat at Shoney's at any other time, their breakfast buffet is really good... especially the pancakes. The crowd isn't great though. When it's a holiday, lots of the restaurants in Ballantyne (Village Bistro, Table, Villa Antonio, etc) have upscale breakfast/brunch buffets. Look for them. Sticky Fingers, although a chain, has some excellent ribs although don't ever try to get in there on a weekend... sooooooo crowded.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM

3,079 posts, read 7,154,638 times
I have not been here, but everyone I talk to who has, RAVES about it.

521 BBQ and Ribs
7580 Charlotte Hwy
Fort Mill, SC 29715

Here is the online review I read at http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/521.Bbq.And.Grill.803-548-7675 (broken link)

"This restaurant has great BBQ & Ribs. If you don't want to fight the Charlotte crowds, visit this small town restaurant for some delicious food. Seating is limited, so come early and don't leave, it's worth the wait. Waitstaff was very friendly! If you're looking for Chinese though, this isn't the place. They don't serve Chinese. Food is cooked to order, burgers, ribs, grilled chicken, delicious hush puppies ('pups'). Mike Dial is the owner, and you'll often see him in the dining area making sure you had a pleasant experience. Visit today, and enjoy their motto 'Butts Rubbed Nightly'."

Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,125,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For the best ribs in Charlotte I head to Mac's Speed Shop on South Blvd. Their brisket is also fantastic! Believe me, they are so good (especially when you pour their special vinegar sauce over them) you won't care how much it costs! This is a really neat place with an old-fashioned bar you can belly up to. But it is family friendly and even offers outdoor seating. It is a fave of the Harley Davidson types and usually there are a minimum of 20 motorcycles parked outside. There is no other place like it in Charlotte.
Went there on Friday night for our anniversary (I know strange place to go)
The brisket was amazing, wife had the ribs next time I am getting the ribs I think (or both)
If you would like a beer they have two pages off the menu all different beers.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:13 AM

2,487 posts, read 6,051,748 times
I live in the Fort Mill area (Tega Cay, SC) and my favorite BBQ place is Courtney's BBQ over in Clover, SC (1166 Hwy 55). They do have a website if you wish more information...and here is a link for their menu:

http://www.courtneysbbq.com/PDF/menu20060720.pdf (broken link)

In Fort Mill we do not lack for buffets...but most are for Italian food. My favorites are: (1) DeMarco's (2) Mama Mia's...a couple of other popular one's are Village Pizza and Papa Pino's (next to Carowinds).

Lastly if your interested...up at the Tega Cay Golf Club (Clubhouse) we have an excellent Sunday Brunch

Old 04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
BNY

49 posts, read 142,516 times
I'll second 521 BBQ, though it's probably out of the way for people not in this neck of the woods. Great food, great staff. At this point, we don't even bother with other bbq.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 PM

3,079 posts, read 7,154,638 times
Good to hear. We keep meaning to go there.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNY View Post
I'll second 521 BBQ, though it's probably out of the way for people not in this neck of the woods. Great food, great staff. At this point, we don't even bother with other bbq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte