U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:37 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,862,582 times

Advertisements

Back to the question from Lopez.

What size place are you looking for?

For example you could get a 3 bed townhouse for 110-120 (new Const)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM

40 posts, read 85,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Back to the question from Lopez.

What size place are you looking for?

For example you could get a 3 bed townhouse for 110-120 (new Const)
We're looking for a single family house. Between 1,000-1,300 sq feet. Less than 1/2 acre, but some yard. Maybe .20 something. 3 bedroom/2 bath. We've found a lot in the areas I mentioned that are under 110,000 actually. We prefer newer construction. 1990's - to now.

A lot of the houses are real cute and in good condition but have a VERY short driveway. We'd like a garage or at least a good flat driveway where we can park the cars out of the way to play basketball

Old 04-26-2007, 02:10 PM

You guys are funny. LOL

Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Just want to say welcome to the forum!

Hope someone comes by this thread soon who actually knows the developments you speak of.

By the way, are those in Union or Mecklenburg County? I could probably ask around for opinions on another board that I frequent.

Good luck!

SL
I believe Mecklenburg. Thanks!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Welcome to our wonderful state

I think the realtor does have you looking in the best possible areas for your price range. However, I would like to suggest you search beyond Mecklenburg county into Cabarrus county. Your money for a home would go much further out in Concord or Harrisburg. And to tell you the truth, schools there were be better too. Homes in your price range in Charlotte usually come with some problem nearby to them, just my 2 cents
Thanks for the tip. We'll have to take a spin around Concord when we come down in a few weeks. About how many minutes is it from Charlotte?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:18 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez View Post
Thanks for the tip. We'll have to take a spin around Concord when we come down in a few weeks. About how many minutes is it from Charlotte?
It sits next to the northeast corner of Mecklenburg county - depending on where you want to go in Charlotte you have fairly easy access. For instance, the university area is just minutes away. Please do take my warning about buying a house in that price range in the Charlotte city limits - I know these things

Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It sits next to the northeast corner of Mecklenburg county - depending on where you want to go in Charlotte you have fairly easy access. For instance, the university area is just minutes away. Please do take my warning about buying a house in that price range in the Charlotte city limits - I know these things
Thank you. I really appreciate inside advice. I checked out homes in Concord in our price range and didn't find any I like so far, though. We'll see what happens. I keep telling my husband that "our house" (future house) might not even be on the market yet.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,983,864 times
Quote:
...Right now we live in WV...
Well you'll be in very good company. There are tons of people here from West Virginia.

Quote:
...our price range for our new home is going to be 90,000 - 110,000...Our agent keeps sending us homes to look at in 28262...
I live in zip code 28262. That's "University City", a.k.a. "The University Area". Honestly, considering your price range, that is probably one of the better areas to consider. I would also recommend you ask your agent to do some looking in the "Highway 16 / Mount Holly/Huntersville Road" area; long name, but that's all one area. I'm sure there are some developments in that area that are also in your price range.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Well you'll be in very good company. There are tons of people here from West Virginia.

I live in zip code 28262. That's "University City", a.k.a. "The University Area". Honestly, considering your price range, that is probably one of the better areas to consider. I would also recommend you ask your agent to do some looking in the "Highway 16 / Mount Holly/Huntersville Road" area; long name, but that's all one area. I'm sure there are some developments in that area that are also in your price range.
Alright - good to know our agent is trying to put us in a nice area. Hopefully something we like will pop up around there. I've written down "Highway 16 / Mount Holly/Huntersville Road" (LOL) to mention to our agent next time I talk to him. Thanks very much.

I was starting to get a little discouraged this evening because all the neighborhood/community/area recommendations I check out are WAY WAY WAAAAAY out of our price range. I don't mind having a modest home but we want to be safe, too

Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 AM

245 posts, read 918,524 times
You could cross the border into SC and find new to newer homes in that price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or