Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:36 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,212,299 times

Advertisements

A specific neighborhood with diversity not imagined in Charlotte would be Scottsborough. As one of the posters said above, there is also great diversity around the University (UNCC) area. Check out Central Avenue between Briarcreek and Sharon Amity, and South Blvd between Woodlawn and Arrowwood.

Don't bother with SE Charlotte as it is a cultural wasteland of dull mind numbing sameness. This area is mostly inhabited by people who raise their noses at the areas I just mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
^^^^Who has the popcorn??

lol

Old 09-09-2009, 11:31 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
A specific neighborhood with diversity not imagined in Charlotte would be Scottsborough. As one of the posters said above, there is also great diversity around the University (UNCC) area. Check out Central Avenue between Briarcreek and Sharon Amity, and South Blvd between Woodlawn and Arrowwood.

Don't bother with SE Charlotte as it is a cultural wasteland of dull mind numbing sameness. This area is mostly inhabited by people who raise their noses at the areas I just mentioned.
No need for popcorn, because he/she is dead on with this post. I attended Catholic school near Central Avenue (Our Lady of the Assumption then located on Shenandoah Ave; currently located on Shamrock Drive) and it is quite diverse in that area. Central, Morningside, Plaza Midwood and Briar Creek were the first areas I thought of when I read the OPs thread starter. Nice job lumbollo! Very nice! Sorry I ever doubted your knowledge of Charlotte in the past buddy!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:25 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:

I disagree. I see plenty of diversity in SE Charlotte with people from all sorts of backgrounds. Not sure if your eyes are open to what you SHOULD see versus what you WANT to see.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times
Quote:

Are you saying that a place is a "cultural wasteland" because it isn't diverse? Sorry, but your statement will not win you a kindness or a intelligence award.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:06 PM

182 posts, read 440,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Are you saying that a place is a "cultural wasteland" because it isn't diverse? Sorry, but your statement will not win you a kindness or a intelligence award.

This is too rich.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:57 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,005,303 times
It seems that some people associate diversity with a more urban or centrally located area. Also I get the feeling that some people think that money negates diversity. Just wanting to say you can live in the suburbs, have an above average income AND be of a minority background. I've actually seen it with my own 2 eyes. I would also like to reiterate exactly what the OP asked for maybe not exist in Charlotte as it does where they live now. Also we have never gotten a clear idea of what price range they are considering so all guesses are a shot in the dark so far.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:32 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:

And you just thumbed your nose at South Charlotte. Sounds like reverse-snobbery to me.

There is plenty of diversity in South Charlotte, as well as good schools and tons of amenities close by. Just because it's mind-numbing sameness to you, or you can't afford to live there, or whatever, is no reason to knock a place a lot of people obviously love.

I don't live in South Charlotte by the way, but Union County. (in before comments about UC being soccer moms and a NY/NJ reject wasteland. I'm neither of those either )

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,196,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamwow! View Post
This is too rich.
*snicker*

Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Ha! I didn't even catch that. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte