U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:24 PM

201 posts, read 741,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXJunkie View Post
All the talk about less then desierable areas has me worried. We are moving next year but to Fort Mill, my aunt who is single, is looking for an apartment closer to the city but in the 400 - 500 per month price range. We've seen a few on the internet that look like resorts! How can we tell if these are in good areas or not?
Again...the 400-500 range for a nice apartment close to the city...or most anywhere, for that matter, is going to be difficult, if not impossible. Odds are, if it is at that rate and in a community, as opposed to renting from a private owner, most likely it isn't in the most desirable neighborhood.

I am in property management and do alot of market research in Charlotte. What areas is your aunt finding these "resort looking" communities? Is she looking for a one or two bedroom home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 01:52 PM

70 posts, read 196,752 times
one bedroom - we've found them all on www.move.com by plugging in fort mill, sc in our criteria

Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM

201 posts, read 741,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXJunkie View Post
one bedroom - we've found them all on www.move.com by plugging in fort mill, sc in our criteria
Okay, I thought your aunt wanted to live closer to the city of Charlotte...I didn't realize she was looking in Fort Mill. I'm not terribly familiar with the apt. communities there, but I will let you know if I do find anything out.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:53 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,343,299 times
Well, it won't take to long for you to research for apartments in Fort Mill (as we only have two to speak of). There will be another to open shortly...but I can guarantee you that it will run more than $400-500 range (just as the other two will).

Peachtree Place
Moderator cut: local apt leasing co. link

Palmetto Place

Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 PM

70 posts, read 326,350 times
if you havnt bought a home let look at the hemby woods community in area 1 of charlotte. we currently have 20 homes for sell in our development. close to uptown and no interstates to get downtown

Old 05-07-2007, 04:39 PM

4 posts, read 8,050 times
I Live Towards Denver Area, Great Schools If Starting A Family ,and A Very Rapidly Growing Area. You Are Approx 20 Min From Charlotte, And 10 Min To Either Side Of The Lake.(boat Access)

Moderator cut: soliciting

Old 05-17-2007, 07:09 AM

3 posts, read 6,627 times
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm still in the job hunting process of our move but when we have something for sure we will definitely enlist the help of a realtor!

We are guestimating that our price range is $125K. Townhomes are definitely an option if we can't find a home in our price range.

Is the University area a bad area? That is the area where the housing seems to be somewhat within our price range.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:12 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,110,038 times
You can get town homes in the Huntersville area in the $125K range.

The university area has pockets but over all I think its a great area.

Good Luck.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:20 AM

70 posts, read 326,350 times
Check out the Hemby Woods community

Old 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,368 times
Default Question about hembly woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertrule View Post
Check out the Hemby Woods community

I am looking at moving to Charlotte next year to a rental property my brother owns on cheviot rd. However, I am concerned because I have been reading alot lately regarding the high number of foreclosures/crime in the hembly woods area. I have a young son, and I want to make sure that I would be moving to an area of Charlotte that is safe, family-oriented, and where people care about the appearance of their homes. Any information- good and bad- would be very much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte